• Remodulin Remunity Pump

Posted by Colleen on March 6, 2020 at 2:41 pm

This column is highlighted this week on our PH News homepage. If my son still had PH and was on Remodulin I would be pretty excited about this.

“The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted an extra clearance to the Unity Subcutaneous Delivery System for Remodulin (treprostinil) Injection, also known as the Remunity pump, allowing the system to be used with drug cassettes that have been prefilled by specialty pharmacies.” In addition this new system also includes a wider range of notifications, alerts, and alarms than currently available pumps.

My son was on Flolan which I had to mix every day for my son. If I remember correctly patients/caregivers also had to mix remodulin but it had a longer shelf life. Is that correct? The idea of a pharmacy mixing the cassettes would be a time saver and illuminate a huge concern and responsibility for PH families. Because of the shorter shelf life I assume this won’t become available anytime soon for Flolan patients.

What are your thoughts about this development? If you receive remodulin will you be looking further into this option?

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/2020/03/04/fda-allows-specialty-pharmacies-to-prefill-remodulin-into-remunity-pump/

Colleen replied 4 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.