Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Using Our Forums Share Favorite Forum Member Quotes

• Share Favorite Forum Member Quotes

Posted by Colleen on October 12, 2022 at 4:56 pm

The sharing that occurs within the forums is insightful, inspirational, witty, profound, empathetic, and perhaps at times, quotable. It’s a shame to appreciate a powerful thought for a moment and then lose it as the conversation continues.

When you read a unique perspective that you think is worth remembering, whether past, present, or in the future, share it here and credit the member who said it. (This will be for forum use only.)

Examples:

“Aging is sort of like learning a job or perhaps inventing a new art form. We force this body to move rather than when younger not giving much thought to whether or not it will sustain us. This process moves us from a material world to a spiritual world. In the meantime, we enjoy what good moments we have.” ~@ripple76
    —————————————————————————————-
    In response to telling someone to just breathe:

“Perhaps using an I’ statement would be more productive in certain situations, such as “I Need you to Just Breathe okay”. We do our best, but sometimes our best needs a tweak!” -@kygon

Is there something someone has said here that has stayed with you? Quote them so we can all continue to appreciate their wisdom.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 4 months ago 6 Members · 22 Replies
  • 22 Replies
  • kygon

October 13, 2022 at 7:50 am

Addressing loss and grieving is the only way to move forward. We do not leave our loved ones behind, but rather, carry them forward with us.-@KathleenSheffer  This statement resonated with me, and still helps me as we enter our first holiday season without our Kay.

There are so many other statements that have gotten me through the day but I really needed to hear those words at a very hard time so @ColleenSteele is right these forums can lift us up and help us at our hardest times.

God bless you all and may you be lifted up in whatever trials you are managing today!

• Colleen

October 13, 2022 at 4:51 pm

Beautiful and powerful words from Kathleen! Thank you for re-sharing them @kygon. Remember you have PHamily here to listen, cry, laugh with you, whatever you need during this first holiday season with your Kay.

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2022 at 1:07 pm

Oh wow, my dear PHriend, @kygon. This is such an amazing quote that Kathleen has left us with. She’s right; we do carry them with us. This holiday season, know we are here and love and support you. It’s going to be difficult, I’m sure, without your Kay/. But I know that you and your family are carrying her with y’all. I bet those goofy jokes, laughs, and all will pop up more often as she lets you know she is with you.

How are the cough and post-COVID couple doing this week? My apologies, as I’ve been meaning to reach out but tied up with some family stuff. Feel the hugs, light, love, and prayers coming your way, girl.

• kygon

October 14, 2022 at 3:46 pm

@colleensteele @JenC Thank you so much for always being here and being a huge support whenever I am in need!! and yes we will surly be telling Kay stories with laughs and tears over our turkey and with our hot cocoa.

@JenC, as you always say, “Never apologize for focusing on family or being too busy to hop on the forum” there is a close to exact quote you can take your own advise on girl!  I finally thought my cough was fading but had two coughing fits the past few days. Thankfully Bry is doing great I am still a bit not back to my regular go go go .. more like go go ish slower ish, its frustrating but I am starting to learn when to sit down and take it easy for a few before I get back to it. (Its amazing how bad a house can get behind when you don’t vacuum or mop for nearly 5 weeks), esp. if you have two dogs, a cat and kids… it was eeeewwwweeee; Like I had little hair tumble weed fluffs rolling down the hallway.

• Colleen

October 17, 2022 at 4:21 pm

@kygon you have done your fair share of supporting us and the forum members as well. We are PHamily here. How is your week going so far? How is the cough? Feeling any better?

• jen-cueva

October 17, 2022 at 6:55 pm

Hi @kygon, you’re so kind and thoughtful. Thanks for the heartfelt love, girl.

I will now crave hot cocoa and like marshmallows in mine. Too bad I don’t have any. 😉

LOL, touche on my advice, Ky!So true; I am bad about apologizing. Manny and KK both told me that in the past few days.

I’m grateful that you and Bry are feeling better. Here’s to no more coughing fits this week! It’s lingered enough for y’all. Oh, girl, I bet you’re like me, and that dirty house is calling your name constantly. But happy that you are learning to take those breaks. Hugs, light, and love are coming your way.

• kygon

October 18, 2022 at 5:58 am

@Colleensteele @JenC We are doing pretty well this week (no coughing Fits in days, just the occasional cough) We leave Thursday for Arizona with Bryan’s parents and siblings (adults only). We rented a house and everyone is going to go see Antelope canyon, I am super excited to get away and I have wanted to see that canyon in person for a very long time so its a big bucket list item for me!

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2022 at 2:07 pm

Hi @kygon, I’m so happy that the coughing fits have been resolved this week. Hopefully, they stay away.

The trip to Antelope Canyon sounds like fun. A bucket list item that is almost here; what an adventure! I hope you and Bry have fun, but don’t push yourselves too much post-COVID.

Love, hugs, and love are coming your way, and safe travels for y’all to AZ.

• Colleen

October 18, 2022 at 6:29 pm

@kygon oh that sounds wonderful! I’m excited for you and so glad to hear you are all on the mend! Can’t wait to hear the canyon update!

• mendo-bruce

October 13, 2022 at 5:15 pm

My favorite quote “Remember being short of breath won’t hurt you (even though it often feels like you’re dying) as long as your heart rate and oxygen saturation are at safe levels.”

You can push through shortness of breath, just watch your saturation and maximum heartrate

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2022 at 1:09 pm

Hi @mendo-bruce, that’s important when we often struggle to breathe. You’re right; it does sometimes feel like we are dying. Do you wear a Fit watch or something to track your oxygen and heart rate? I know many do, but I have yet to get one. I have a pulse oximeter, though- probably a few.

• Colleen

October 17, 2022 at 4:19 pm

That is an important quote to remember @mendo-bruce! Do you happen to remember who said it?

• mendo-bruce

October 18, 2022 at 2:30 pm

I just use my oximeter to track my oxygen saturation and my heart rate. None of the watches or bracelets track oxygen saturation as accurately as a decent oximeter

• jen-cueva

October 19, 2022 at 2:49 pm

Hi @mendo-bruce, thanks for that info. I wasn’t sure about any of those “smart” watches and oxygen saturation. I don’t have one, but my daughter has one that records all data types, LOL.

I hope that you’re having a great week.

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2022 at 1:03 pm

Wow, I don’t think I can pick just one. I learn so much from our members. This can be a funny, inspiring, resilient type quote, but we all can appreciate that in all.

But I find that on certain days, depending on what’s going on, specific statements that our members have said will pop into my mind. This often reassures or inspires me that I am and will be OK and have some incredible support. Does anyone else experience this?

• Colleen

December 8, 2022 at 8:51 pm

The spoon theory is a metaphor describing the amount of physical and/or mental energy that a person has available for daily activities and tasks, and how it can become limited.

I love one of @brendad53 comments regarding this theory…

“Some days, all my spoons are in the dishwasher.” ????

• jen-cueva

December 9, 2022 at 2:08 pm

LOL, @colleensteele! Too funny that you shared this here. Last night as I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher, I thought of @brendad53 and this quote! Manny thought I was losing it as I started laughing while putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

Thanks for that, Brenda. Making cleaning the kitchen funny, hehe.

• brenda-denzler

December 9, 2022 at 2:15 pm

Well, y’know, you should always go with your strengths, right? And clearly I’m a little warped. So….

• jen-cueva

December 12, 2022 at 4:44 pm

Hi @brendad53, I think we are all a tad warped dealing with everything on our plates. So you fit right in, hehe.

• gayle-ward

December 13, 2022 at 4:29 pm

My favorite quote is” Everyday is a gift” I have it posted on my bathroom mirror to remind me.

• jen-cueva

December 14, 2022 at 2:25 pm

Hi @gayleward, I love that one, too. I often remind myself that each new day is a gift after I wake up. While waking before I get out of bed, I thank God for a new day.

I hope you are doing well. Any holiday plans?

• Colleen

December 14, 2022 at 12:31 pm

@gward I love that quote too! One of my favorites is, “Life Is Not Measured By the Number of Breaths We Take, But By the Moments That Take Our Breath Away”. I have that hanging by my front door.