• Joyce Sandberg

April 21, 2020 at 9:36 am

I have been on the max dose (1600 2 xs) now for 3 weeks. Hopefully it will help. I noticed an increase in oxygen sats on my oxymeter my oxygen setting is at 3 ltrs. I am on oxygen 24/7. 4 ltrs for sleeping. Aching muscles persist, but I deal with it. 2 – 3 hours of sleep in bed another 3 on my recliner. The other side effects (headache, diahhrea,) have gone away. Occasionally I take Immodium AD if needed. The other Tylenol 8 hrs for muscle aches; I don’t know if it really helps me.
    The Adempas 2.5, Uptravi 1600 Eliquis 5mg and Incruse Inhaler are my dosages.

• Brittany Foster

April 21, 2020 at 10:11 am

@joyce-sandberg it seems like you are balancing a lot of medications and management of treatment. How do you keep track of all of this that you’re taking and how do you monitor side effects? I know this part of chronic illness can be a challenge.

• jen-cueva

April 21, 2020 at 2:34 pm

Hi @joyce-sandberg, it sounds like you have your routine down. I am also on the 1600 mcg twice per day. I am doing pretty well with mine, too. I am happy that it sounds like you see some improvements already. I hope that you continue to see improvements over time.

You mention that you are also on Adempas. Do you have CTEPH related to blood clots?

AS Brittany mentions, this is a delicate balance trying to manage symptoms and side effects. I did not see a lot of diarrhea with Uptravi. But I was on previously on Oreintram, and that was a horrific side effect for me with that. Our bodies react differently to all of the medications.

Page 2 of 2