Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition Simple Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, Anyone?

• Simple Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas, Anyone?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 15, 2022 at 2:59 pm

Today is “Taco Tuesday,” which means we try and do something taco or Mexican inspired for dinner at my house. But these simple sheet pan shrimp fajitas can be enjoyed anytime. Are you looking for a seafood recipe during Lent?

This is simple and an easy clean-up, too. I like to make my fajita spice mix using several herbs and spices. This helps me limit the sodium content in this recipe.

If available, I like to use a mango or pineapple salsa that kicks it up a notch. I also prefer corn tortillas.

Do you enjoy sheet pan fajitas? Have you found a simple taco or Mexican-inspired, lower sodium dish to share with us in the forums? Let’s get cooking!

jen-cueva replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Colleen

March 15, 2022 at 3:35 pm

@jenc shrimp fajitas sound really good to me! I sent the recipe to Brian with a hint…hint. LOL!

• jen-cueva

March 17, 2022 at 11:25 am

LOL, @colleensteele, let us know if Brian takes that hiny and how y’all like them. You can always add or omit any ingredients that your family prefers.

What has been on Chef Brian’s menu lately?

• Colleen

March 17, 2022 at 12:04 pm

@jenc we have been ordering meals from Hello Fresh for the past few months and are really enjoying the food. Aidan’s complaint is that the portions are too small. He’s a hard working, growing man so we often have to make an extra side or something for him. LOL!

• jen-cueva

March 17, 2022 at 12:21 pm

Hehe, @colleensteele, Aidan sounds like Manny when we ordered from a few subscription services like Hello Fresh in the past. I believe that Hello Fresh was one.

Thankfully, I eat smaller amounts, but we also did not have leftovers that he didn’t get full or wanted to take for lunch the following day. I liked the variety, but I like to tweak recipes to fit our dietary needs and preferences.

How has the family enjoyed Hello Fresh minus Aidan’s complaint of small portion sizes? I think you’ve tried others in the past, correct?

• Colleen

March 17, 2022 at 12:29 pm

@jenc Hello Fresh is our favorite. The quality and variety of the food offered seems so much better. We are keeping track of our favorite and figure we can make them next time with a larger portion size. For me though, the Hello Fresh portion size is perfect!

• jen-cueva

March 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm

Yes, you sound like me, @colleensteele. I thought the portion sizes of some were smaller than others. But I also eat like a toddler for the most part, LOL.

I’m happy that your family has found one that works best for y’all. I was thinking about trying another one recently because I received a coupon. I believe Manny threw it out, though, LOL. When I went to look at which one it was, it was not with my coupons on the counter.

• jen-cueva

March 17, 2022 at 2:00 pm

Yes, you sound like me, @colleensteele. I thought the portion sizes of some were smaller than others. But I also eat like a toddler for the most part, LOL.

I’m happy that your family has found one that works best for y’all. I was thinking about trying another one recently because I received a coupon. I believe Manny threw it out, though, LOL. When I went to look at which one it was, it was not with my coupons on the counter.