Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Singing can improve your lung health!

• Beverly Repouille

April 24, 2018 at 12:42 pm

I love singing! It is my go-to therapy. I used to sing a LOT, but I noticed that I was short of breath. That should have told me that something was wrong. After my PH, then later CTEPH, diagnosis I noticed that as I sang I would get dizzy. I stopped singing thinking I would never sing again. That was several years ago. I became depressed and didn’t want to do anything. After reading this article, I decided to resume singing, just not as energetic as I used to. It feels so good to sing again! And I notice that my lung health is happier for it as well! Thank you.

• Brittany Foster

April 24, 2018 at 12:46 pm

I’m glad that this article was able to help you find that you can sing again in some way ! It’s good to know that not every goal is out of reach with PH. I love singing too , although I’m not great at it!!! Country is my go to 🙂 keep singing!

• VK

June 12, 2018 at 6:54 pm

I’m also a fan of trying to sing. My vocal therapist says it also helps with breathing. I like to use games and apps that score my competence (or lack thereof!).

• Beverly Repouille

June 18, 2018 at 7:28 am

VK, can you share some of the apps you use? I’m curious now! HUGS!

• Brittany Foster

June 18, 2018 at 10:51 am

I’d love to know the apps too! I used to have a game on the Wii called “sing it” and you could sing along to it and get points. Kind of like the game Guitar Hero or Rock Band but for singing . Check it out on youtube to see what it is.