Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

You’re probably thinking… singing? Really? But studies have been focusing on how our bodies respond to music and how they can use it to treat lung diseases. There are five major benefits of singing, like reducing shortness of breath or even increasing your lung capacity, among others.

Read what else singing can do for your lung health here: Singing for Lung Health: How Singing Can Improve Your Breathing 

Do you like to sing? Share your thoughts – and your favorite songs to sing along – with us!

Beverly Repouille
      Participant

I love singing! It is my go-to therapy. I used to sing a LOT, but I noticed that I was short of breath. That should have told me that something was wrong. After my PH, then later CTEPH, diagnosis I noticed that as I sang I would get dizzy. I stopped singing thinking I would never sing again. That was several years ago. I became depressed and didn’t want to do anything. After reading this article, I decided to resume singing, just not as energetic as I used to. It feels so good to sing again! And I notice that my lung health is happier for it as well! Thank you.

Brittany Foster
        Keymaster

I’m glad that this article was able to help you find that you can sing again in some way ! It’s good to know that not every goal is out of reach with PH. I love singing too , although I’m not great at it!!! Country is my go to 🙂 keep singing!

VK
      Participant

I’m also a fan of trying to sing. My vocal therapist says it also helps with breathing. I like to use games and apps that score my competence (or lack thereof!).

Beverly Repouille
      Participant

VK, can you share some of the apps you use? I’m curious now! HUGS!

Brittany Foster
        Keymaster

I’d love to know the apps too! I used to have a game on the Wii called “sing it” and you could sing along to it and get points. Kind of like the game Guitar Hero or Rock Band but for singing . Check it out on youtube to see what it is.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account