Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Switching Health Insurance Challenges

• Switching Health Insurance Challenges

Posted by Colleen on May 13, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Our insurance completely changes this month and I was very concerned that my son’s medical team wouldn’t be covered. I’m relieved that there isn’t any issue but I was wondering if it has ever been a problem for any of you. Have you ever had to switch doctors and facilities because your insurance changed? What was that like for you? Did the transition go smoothly?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

May 14, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Hi @colleensteele, this is an essential and question that most of us have experienced. I am happy to hear that you and your family haven’t had issues with coverage lapses, etc. ore last, my PH doctor, and kidney doctor was not on my list.

Since I have had PH, our insurance changed several times. The time before our current insurance, my PH doctor and kidney doctor was not covered. We had to fight this. I finally got my PH doctor covered short-term but not the kidney doctor. That was my previous kidney doctor, and he took whatever they paid him and told men not to worry. Thankfully he owned his practice. These transitions can be stressful.