Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation Today Is National Donor Day

• Today Is National Donor Day

Posted by Colleen on February 14, 2020 at 2:08 pm

In the U.S. today is National Donor Day. It is an opportunity to unite with others to raise awareness about the lifesaving benefits of organ, eye and tissue donation.

If you plan on posting to social media or vocally encourage conversation with others today about organ donation, don’t forget to emphasize the importance of discussing your wishes with loved ones.

My son received a heart and double lung transplant. I appreciate a day reserved for raising awareness but every day when I look at my son, I want to shout out to the world how organ donation saved his life.

Throughout the year I openly share his story through words, pictures and videos. How do you spread the importance of organ donation on Donor Day or on any day of the year? Share your advocacy with us.

https://nationaltoday.com/national-donor-day/

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

February 14, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Awesome reminder, Colleen! I am a registered donor myself. Even if it’s only my eyes or something, it makes a difference. ❤️