Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Transitioning from pediatric to adult care

• Transitioning from pediatric to adult care

Posted by jen-cueva on June 22, 2020 at 9:39 am

Please send @colleensteele and her son your positive thoughts and prayers as they go for their first appointment with the new transplant team today. I know this much be stressful and overwhelming as a mom and a caregiver.

Post-transplant has to be challenging enough. Transitioning from a pediatric to an adult center would undoubtedly add to that. Plus, this is in WA, not CA, like the previous transplant team that they are used to working with.

I am sending them both hugs, positive thoughts, and prayers today. Please update us when you can, Colleen.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

June 23, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Thank you @jenc! I was so nervous about this appointment but it went very well. So far I believe this will be a smooth transition. Yesterday was the lung transplant team. Next on the schedule is cardiology, nephrology, neurology, endocrinolgy and otalaryngology because he has tubes in his ears. We were told his lung transplant doctor is selecting those doctors according to who works hand-in-hand with her team so that everyone will be looking at the full picture of Cullen’s health.

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

• jen-cueva

June 24, 2020 at 11:38 am

Hi @colleensteele, I am grateful that all went well so far. When will y’all go back? Will they make them all the same day? Working hand in hand with the transplant doctor is important. It sounds like they are on the right track to start.

That makes me happy as I know it helps you relax a bit. Please keep us posted as you go back, and we will be praying and sending y’all lots of positive vibes. Is this center very far from your home?