• Update From Vanessa Vaile

Posted by Colleen on November 28, 2020 at 1:05 pm

Vanessa has been challenged with a lot of medical concerns and gave me permission to share her update. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We will be able to comment on posts again beginning Dec. 1st. In the meantime if you wish to send her a message click on @vanessavaile and then private message. Also, don’t forget to add her as a friend.

Besides my usual projects, PH management and personal covid mitigation in red, red town of deniers, I’m awash in a series of what I hope will turn out to minor medical annoyances. A summer ER visit (not my idea) and CT for possible TIA led to an MRI that showed no damage but turned up bone marrow lesions in my skull. That led to another CT to check for BLMs elsewhere, found none but turned up a blood clot in my lungs and a mystery mass in my pelvic region. On blood thinner now and pursuing the mystery. Another MRI for that was not as useful as it should have been, so I’m off to an Orthopedic Oncologist in Denver in about a week. Amidst all this, I had a surgical procedure to remove growths from back (probably benign) and leg (probably not). Perhaps I should be worried but am mostly annoyed by tiresome and tiring extras. I’ll keep you posted.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • V.R. Peterson

December 1, 2020 at 4:30 pm

Vanessa, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. I also pray for your medical team, that they’ll get to the bottom of your masses and clot.

• Colleen

December 1, 2020 at 5:06 pm

@vanessavaile you have been on my mind as well. I hope questions are getting answered and treatment in place. When you have a chance I (and I’m sure others too) would love to get that low sodium gumbo recipe you mentioned to me.

• Colleen

March 31, 2021 at 12:06 pm

@vanessavaile we haven’t heard from you in a while and just want to check-in and see how you are doing. We would love to hear from you when you get the chance.

• jen-cueva

April 14, 2021 at 9:26 am

Oh wow, I missed this update about @vanessavaile. I am sorry to hear that she is dealing with so much. I am hoping and praying that she has some answers.

Oh, did someone say gumbo? Oh yes, we all need that recipe.

Please pop on to give us an update when you feel up to it. You are loved and cared for.

• jen-cueva

March 22, 2023 at 1:26 pm

Hey, @vanessavaile, I wanted to pop in and check on you. I know you struggled to return to your baseline several months ago. How are things going for you now?

We are here to support you, my PHriend.