• Updates from Britt

Posted by Brittany Foster on June 5, 2020 at 8:21 am

Hi Everyone !

I wanted to tell you all how much I love and appreciate you and all of your positive energy that you have given me. The beginning of May was really rough for me and that is why I had to take some breaks from the forums. Although I have been at a new job in BioNews that is requiring more of my time, I still want to check in with everyone when I can because all of you bring so much happiness to my life.

The end of April I had my port placed. A few weeks after that, I had to go to the emergency room and was in the hospital for almost a week because my port got infected. Sadly, it had to be taken out and removed at the bedside and this was pretty traumatic to say the least. It is something that has been hard for me to talk about and write about. I am nervous to have to get another one placed but I know that it will be inevitable for me to get another one in because I can’t stay with the PICC line forever due to infection risk.

Other than that, I have been doing okay for the most part ! I have been working out and exercising more and trying to get my mind and body a lot stronger with the IV nutrition that I have been getting. I am happy to say that I am finally steadily over 100 pounds and have not been able to reach this weight for over 2 years so it is quite an accomplishment and I am feeling more energy from it. It is hard being on an IV for a few days a week for a longer period of time though. But, after almost 3 months of it, I am learning to make adjustments and just kind of “roll with it”. I love and miss you all and I want to hear about your updates too !

I promise to come on the forums when I can and share some questions, updates, and some conversation! Sending everyone love and light !

Dawn replied 3 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Colleen

June 5, 2020 at 10:51 am

Aww @brittany-foster, I know everyone will be so happy to have heard from you. I recently mentioned in a column and on the forums how I have taken breaks from PH in the past. Sometimes, you need to take a step back so as not to overwhelm yourself with more than you can handle.

You have had a full plate of health issues and need time to process and heal, mentally and hopefully physically too. It sounds like you are getting there. WTG regarding the weight gain! I know that’s been an important goal you have be hoping to reach. Enjoy the new found energy and have a great weekend!

• jen-cueva

June 5, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Hi @brittany-foster, I am so happy as I know everyone is to see an update from you. I am grateful for the positive update and the weight gain-woot woot!

We all need to take breaks, and as you mention, you have been Non-stop the last few years, it seems. You are always a massive part of this forum, and we appreciate and love you so much.

With everything, I am sure that you are spending more time with your therapist, and I am hopeful things are moving along. We are all rooting for you daily, and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself, and enjoy your weekend- love and hugs to you.

• Dawn

June 5, 2020 at 7:44 pm

@brittany-foster, it is great to see a post from you and it sounds like things are improving for you. I know it’s easy to say and hard to do, but don’t focus too much on what may come in the future with another port. I’m sure your doctors learn something each time there is an issue, and will do as much as they can to ensure a good outcome. Glad your weight is improving – I have so much extra weight I would GLADLY give you as much as you wanted! Hang in there, sounds like you’re making a strong come back after a needed break. Take good care.