Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Research and Development Uptravi Safe as an Add-On for PH Kids

• Uptravi Safe as an Add-On for PH Kids

Posted by jen-cueva on July 15, 2020 at 3:29 pm

In a recent study published by the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, Uptravi (selexipag) used already in adults with PH, appears to also be safe for younger PH patients. This study shares that Uptravi is safe and effective as an add-on treatment for children and adolescents, improving several relevant markers of the disease.

This was a small study with about 15 patients but could be promising. At the end of the study, 50% of the pediatric patients showed improvements in their PH. Having an oral medication that can be used in combination with other treatments could help many more.

Those of you with younger PH kids and teens, what are your thoughts? I think for me, as an adult living with PH for 15 years, we need more treatments approved for our younger PH kids. This was quite an exciting read for me. What do y’all think? Let’s talk about this.

Colleen replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Colleen

July 16, 2020 at 4:30 pm

It’s just really nice to see more of a focus on how adult meds effect children. When Cullen had PH it was more like take the treatment and hope for the best. It shouldn’t be assumed that what works for adults and is safe for adults will be for children too. This sounds promising Jen. Thanks for sharing.