Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Walking In Someone’s Shoes

• Walking In Someone’s Shoes

Posted by Colleen on May 7, 2020 at 4:45 pm

What does, “walking in someone’s shoes.” mean to you? What things could people learn if they walked in your shoes? Whose shoes would you like to spend a day in order to understand them better or as a way to gain a better perspective about a particular situation?

Dig deep and share your thoughts.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

May 8, 2020 at 1:18 pm

This is such a thought-provoking topic, @colleensteele. I used to think this meant to me that someone wakes up every day with PH and sees the things that we deal with. I felt that a few weeks would be good because we never know what the day may bring.

Now, maybe I have “grown” a bit. I just want them to read and understand what I go through. I would not wish my PH life on anyone. I just would like a little bit of compassion and empathy, not sympathy. Family and loved ones need to be more educated and want to learn more about PH. I think this would help them better understand the things that I deal with.

As a parent of a PH child, what do you think this means? Is your perspective different now that right after the diagnosis?