• Weekly Win

Posted by Colleen on June 3, 2020 at 3:35 pm

@pebbles has experienced some big wins recently! Let’s give her a cyber high five and united sigh of relief that her pet scan results were Cancer free.

“I just want to add a weekly win to the forum! For the first time in I am sure in 7 months or more, I made homemade biscuits and did two loads of laundry! Laundry for me is a major accomplishment! I live in Florida in mobile home and my laundry is is outside in an attached shed! By the time I get it ready to wash I barely make it to the door with the basket before I need to sit and catch my breath. So getting two loads done all in the same day is huge for me and then add in making homemade biscuits!! I am loving this new activity I am accomplishing!! I was scared with a possible cancer diagnosis but my doc got my pet scan results and found I am just fine so I am convinced that my new found strength is an answer to my prayers and God is helping me each day along with all my meds!!”

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jen-cueva

June 4, 2020 at 5:44 pm

So grateful to hear that everything is fine, I think it boosted your strength for sure! What a blessing!

Awesome job, @pebbles! But, wait were those buttermilk biscuits that you homemade? -hehe

Laundry in itself can be challenging, and I have a washer and dryer in my utility area. I could not imagine how difficult this was. Then, add in the Florida heat and humidity. I live in Texas, so I know.

You deserve an award this week, well this month, kudos and keep it up! Thank God for answered prayers, clean laundry, and biscuits. Take care of yourself, girl, do not overheat out there.

• jen-cueva

June 14, 2020 at 2:38 pm

How are you this week, @pebbles?

Sorry y’all, I forgot to do this on Friday. I did want to share that my daughter came over on Wednesday and took me to the lab. Afterward, we went to my favorite coffee shop on the water. Noone was there, so the owners (who know us) said we could order and sit outside on the deck. It was amazing! It’s crazy that things that we continue to take for granted, right?

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za, you had an amazing weekly win by saying you are OK with resting and doing things that are not work-related to protect your health. Awesome job! This is a huge step!

Who else wants to share their wins from last week? Little things add up, so let’s hear about them

• Colleen

June 15, 2020 at 2:39 pm

@jenc I love hearing that you had some special time with your daughter. I know how much you missed that personal contact with her over the past few months.

@traceyaustralianmigration-co-za I agree with Jen. Resting is a win because sometimes it’s tempting to ignore the need to slow down and focus on nothing but providing your body comfort and your mind peace.

As some of you know, I injured my arm months ago and have been going to physical therapy. I can finally put my hair in a pony tail without agonizing pain. Next goal, being able to hinge my bra again instead of having to step into it, LOL!

• jen-cueva

June 15, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. As you know, any time that I can spend with my daughter is a win, especially after the last few months. Just seeing her and hugging her makes my heart happy.

WTG on the ponytail! Thanks for a laugh at your bra. I pictured this quickly as I have stepped into my swimsuit top at times-hehe. Here is to a new week ahead and hinging your bra. Do you continue to have pain with movement? If so, what do you use to help relieve the pain besides exercises?