• Welcome New Members

Posted by jen-cueva on June 1, 2020 at 1:05 pm

This is something new that we are trying. In this new Welcome sub-forum, we will tag each new member who joined last week. We will introduce the new members and encourage them to introduce themselves. This is the first week, so I am welcoming y’all to the PH forums.

I hope that by tagging each member here, you will reply to this message and offer a brief introduction. Maybe you can include the following and add any other facts, maybe like a hobby.

Your name
    Your location
    Patient or caregiver
    How long ago you were diagnosed with PH

This week we welcome, @minkpoint, @mike-mcalister, @jisenhart, @rscrosby, and @leona-vig-johnson.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • roxanne-giustini

June 2, 2020 at 2:16 pm

I technically joined almost two weeks ago, but haven’t had a chance to sign in. My name is Roxanne Giustini I live in Lewisville, NC (near Winston Salem) and I am a PAH patient. I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in January 2016. I love cooking, reading (anything and everything) and over the past few years have gotten into fitness. I look forward to having somewhere to go to vent, commiserate or just feel “normal”. My family support system is wonderful, but sometimes, you just need someone who has been there to talk to.
    Thank you for being so welcoming! I am looking forward to becoming part of this community!

• Colleen

June 2, 2020 at 2:45 pm

I’m sorry that you have PH @rgiustin but happy that you found us. Thank you for introducing yourself. I hope other new members will jump in and share a little about themselves too. Welcome Roxanne!

• jen-cueva

June 2, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Hi @rgiustin, I’m so happy that you shared a little about yourself. PH is complicated, but having people who understand and you can vent to is important. We are always here to help and support others as best as we can.

Having a support system is essential, and I’m happy to hear that you have that at home.

I also enjoy cooking when I feel better. Do you prefer cooking meals or baking more? Welcome again. Thanks for introducing yourself.