Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Were You a Responder to the Vasodilator Test and Started on a CCB?

• jen-cueva

April 29, 2022 at 1:11 pm

Hey @kygon, I shared another link about the vasodilator test in the above post that you and others may find helpful. Check it out, and hopefully, others will share their experiences with this test and CCBs.

I hope that you, Bryan have a relaxing weekend, despite the challenges with Uptravi.

• jen-cueva

May 3, 2022 at 10:54 am

Where are our members who did respond to the vasodilator test and calcium challenge blockers were your first PH treatment? I know that we’ve seen this topic pop up throughout the years. We want to learn about your experience.

• Jessicasomeone

May 9, 2022 at 11:51 am

I’m a responder, I’m currently on ccb, Opsimut, Lasix, and Sildenafil. My RHC showed that my pressure went from 86 & heart failure last June, to 25 mm Hg at my RHC this April. I’m feeling so lucky, hopefully the return to work goes smoothly!

• Colleen

May 9, 2022 at 6:08 pm

Again, welcome @jessicasomeone and wow, congratulations! Like @jenc mentioned, it gives others hope to read about the success someone else is having with treatments. Best of luck on your return to work. What do you do for a living?

• Jessicasomeone

May 10, 2022 at 3:55 pm

Thank you ????

I’m a child care director

• jen-cueva

May 9, 2022 at 12:14 pm

Wow, that’s an excellent response, @jessicasomeone. I’m so happy that you shared this update to offer others hope.

What type of work do you do? Is it labor-intensive? Please keep us posted on your return to work.

• Jessicasomeone

May 10, 2022 at 4:01 pm

Hi there. Just to add my CCB is diltiazem 2×180 mg and I’m also on spironoctalone 25 mg. My job is not necessarily  labour-intensive, I used to be able to pick up donations of food to use in our inner city childcare center. Upon returning I will need to find a simpler way for me to manage the lifting and physical part of my job. I don’t really think that was a requirement but it was just something that I took on! I’m worried about sitting and tiredness. I still sleep 9-12 hours every night. I’m wondering if this will change.

• jen-cueva

May 11, 2022 at 12:53 pm

Thanks, @jessicasomeone, for sharing a bit more of your story. I hope your CCBs and diuretics will help, and you find yourself napping or sleeping less. I have weeks to go with sleeping the usual or norm for me. Then bam-days when I need a nap constantly, and no sleep seems to help. Can you relate?

It sounds like your child care director’s job is labor-intensive to lift and pick up the food donations. I was trying to volunteer for food banks and was told I needed to lift 40 pounds. Unfortunately, they didn’t accept me as a volunteer because I could perform other lighter tasks.

Since it’s not a requirement, perse, maybe someone could do that task or ride with you to do the lifting. But, I can only imagine how busy you are and how many young children you help.