Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Were You Planning To Attend The PHA Conference In June?

• Were You Planning To Attend The PHA Conference In June?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 25, 2020 at 1:16 pm

If anyone was planning to attend the PHA Conference in June, it has been canceled due to COVID-19. I figured that this might happen because people come from around the world to participate in this fantastic event. It is held every two years. I received an email this morning updating me on this event.

Were any of you planning to attend this year? Have you attended a PHA Conference in the past? I have attended a few and led a patient discussion in Dallas several years ago. It is such an awesome event with patients, caregivers, and medical professionals from around the world. I would suggest everyone attend if possible, at least once. PHA offers scholarships for patients to help with the cost, so when you see the next one planned, look for these deadlines.

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Colleen

March 25, 2020 at 7:24 pm

@jenc I read that announcement this morning. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision to make but really not a surprising one. I think people would be more upset if they waited until the least minute to cancel. There is too much unknown right now to rely on future plans. I’ve never attended. I wonder if when they reschedule it if it will still be in CA.

• brittany-foster

March 26, 2020 at 9:06 am

@jenc I heard of it being cancelled on some of the Facebook groups that I am a part of ! This is so unfortunate, but I know that it is for the best especially because so many that have attended conferences of some kind are coming back sick and positive for COVID19. This is one population where we just can’t take that risk right now and really need to wait until all is behind us. I wonder if they are planning a date to reschedule it or if they are going to wait until the next one comes around. I have been to the ACHA conference and it was awesome, but never a PH conference. I know the ACHA is every 3 years. How often are the PH ones?

• jen-cueva

March 26, 2020 at 4:38 pm

Hey @brittany-foster and @colleensteele, yes, unfortunate but in the best interest of the patients, caregivers, and our medical teams. People come from around the world. I have not heard yet, but I believe that it may be another 2 years since they are refunding everyone’s fees. I am unsure of what they will decide.

We certainly cannot risk it with such a high-risk group.PH is usually every 2 years.