Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What Are The Best Gifts To Relieve Stress?

• What Are The Best Gifts To Relieve Stress?

Posted by Colleen on January 18, 2021 at 1:41 pm

The topic about gifts received or given often comes up in the forums. There are many things that patients and caregivers have in common, and from personal experience I would say stress is one of them. This inspired me to write about the gift of stress relief.

Thank you @robin-webster and @jenc for getting me thinking about this by sharing the awesome gifts your husbands gave you this Christmas. Just so everyone knows, I will NEVER write about what is shared in the forums without approval from the person(s) first. Your privacy is important to me and I always want you to think of the forums as a safe space.

Are there any gifts you have received or would like to receive to help you relax. Share so we can add it to our wish lists too.

https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/2021/01/18/stress-relievers-perfect-gifts-patients-caregivers/

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

January 19, 2021 at 12:01 pm

I love this column, too, Colleen! Just yesterday, I came across an article that talked about stress balls. The article talked about how patients and caregivers, too, could benefit from one. What do you think? Would you use this? I love the care package that you shared, so it would be me because I love smelling fresh and baths, hehe.

That Superman robe is awesome! Cullen is the man of Steele! 😀

I had tears as I read Robin’s husband’s thoughts. I so could hear Manny saying those things, too. Still, things are a bit surreal.

• Colleen

January 19, 2021 at 5:24 pm

I was thinking the same thing @jenc. The way @robin-webster husband talks about her reminded me of the intensity in which Manny loves you. You both have really sweet, caring husbands.

I use to have a stress ball. When I was working full-time while Cullen was fighting PH and listed for transplant I kept one at my desk. Sometimes I would be squeezing it and not realize I even picked it up. I’m not sure how much it helped other than keeping me from pulling my hair out.

• jen-cueva

January 20, 2021 at 12:47 pm

Thanks again, @colleensteele. You are such a kind heart. I am blessed with Manny. I can never express how much gratitude I have and love for him.

I have never used a stress ball, but I know people who like to keep one on their desks. I do not think that I would use it, but If near me, IDK. I may grab it unintentionally, too.

I also wanted to add the gift of blankets and throws. I had 3 new blankets and throws from friends and family members within the last few months. I love comfy, cozy gifts, so perfect for me. Plus, a few have words of encouragement as reminders. I thank you for the one that I am currently using. Sasha approves, too.