Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation What Are You Looking Forward To Most After Transplant?

• What Are You Looking Forward To Most After Transplant?

Posted by Colleen on January 24, 2020 at 2:04 pm

If you have received a transplant or are on the waiting list, what are your dreams for after transplant? Probably top of the list is simply being able to breath and not have chest pains. When those symptoms subside, what are your plans? Do you have simple pleasures you are looking forward to or big ambitions, such as traveling or playing sports? Share you goals with us.

Steve Sallee replied 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brittany Foster

January 24, 2020 at 2:32 pm

Colleen,

I am not a candidate for transplant, but I do continue to have goals and dreams. One of the things that I have been reminded of recently because of my nephew playing is my desire to get back on the ice again. I am not sure if that will ever happen, especially in a competitive setting. But hockey was always something that helped relieve a ton of anxiety for me! It was my outlet for anything in life and when that got taken away from me I have been struggling to fill that void for awhile.

• Steve Sallee

January 13, 2021 at 4:56 am

Didn’t really look forward to much before. I am not a pessimist but gun shy after certain events in my life. I can tell you now that I feel I have been given a “do-over”. I can already breathe better than the last ten years. As far as I’m concerned, the sky is not even the limit. My bucket list is back on active duty. I feel more fortunate than a guy has the right to be. Was on the list for three months. One dry run, next one was a go. My rare blood type actually worked in my favor. During recovery, when left to long periods in hospital, a lot of soul searching occurred. I have decided that I am going to semi-retire and turn my hobby into staying active. I rebuild classic cars and customize vehicles. This will finance trips to places overseas I last saw in my 20’s. I am not going to punch a clock. My only regret is that everyone cannot qualify to have this same experience.