Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diagnosis Information and ​General​ ​Questions What Are You Most Looking Forward to This Holiday Season?

• V.R. Peterson

December 14, 2022 at 2:29 pm

Because all my children now live out of state (and too far to travel), I most look forward to those holiday phone calls I’ll receive from each one of them. I will cherish each and every one of them.

• jen-cueva

December 15, 2022 at 2:02 pm

Hi @mamabear007, it’s so difficult when our kids grow up and are scattered over long distances. I relate to how much those calls mean.

I know that @colleensteele will also be waiting for those calls from her boys to update her on all of their shenanigans. This will be a first, right, Colleen?

Big hugs to you both from San Diego.

Fortunately, this year our daughter and SIL are coming for a week. We haven’t seen him in almost a year. She has come without him. I am most looking forward to spending family time together and making memories.

• V.R. Peterson

December 15, 2022 at 3:03 pm

@jenc, I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter and SIL! That’s exciting.

• jen-cueva

December 16, 2022 at 12:39 pm

Thanks, @mamabear007, we will. Will you and your hubby make a small meal, celebrate, and do whatever feels right when Christmas rolls around? I ask because we have been just us two at Christmas, and we did whatever we wanted that day, no big meal, LOL.

I believe it was the first Thanksgiving, and it was just Manny and me. We went out to a nice dinner and took home leftovers, too. That was a first, and we enjoyed it- especially the no dirt6y kitchen to clean afterward, hehe.

• V.R. Peterson

December 16, 2022 at 12:52 pm

@jenc, I’d be happy with a tv dinner for Christmas dinner, but hubs wants the whole 9 yards. So I’ll be cooking up a storm, then we’ll be eating leftovers for the next week.

Granted, the ham and side dishes will be less than I usually cook, but there will still be leftovers galore.

• jen-cueva

December 20, 2022 at 2:28 pm

Hi @mamabear007, you cracked me up with your tv dinner, LOL.

OMG, your hubby sounds like mine.We made a mini Thanksgiving Feast this year for the two of us. I could have eaten a ham sandwich, hehe.

But, I only bought a mini pie which he ate most of for dessert. Then I get sick of leftovers after a day or two. Sometimes sooner, depending on what it is.

• jen-cueva

December 15, 2022 at 2:05 pm

Hi @tervo, have y’all made it to sunny Florida yet? I know that was what you were looking forward to this holiday season. Will you and @mainegal have a chance to meet up again this year? I hope so and look forward to hearing about it.

• Terese Tuohey

December 15, 2022 at 3:49 pm

We made it to FloridAAAH!  got in a week ago, and yes, Mainegal and I have already made arrangements to meet for lunch next week.  I feel so much better and more relaxed already.  We will have Christmas dinner with my in-laws and friends, and probably just stay home for New Year’s Eve.  I much prefer having an open house chili party on New Year’s DAY and asking a few friends to stop over during the day.    We are also looking forward to hosting friends at our place for their vacations during the winter months.  I miss my northern friends, but sure don’t miss the snow and cold!  Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanza, and Happy New Year!  Whatever you celebrate, enjoy every minute of it!

• Colleen

December 15, 2022 at 7:53 pm

YAY! So happy for you @tervo! Your plans sound perfect…and so does the chili! Wishing you all the best the season has to offer!

• jen-cueva

December 16, 2022 at 12:44 pm

Awesome, @tervo! Your update makes me smile, as I know you’re much more relaxed and warmer.

I’m excited about your launch date with @mainegal next week. I so wish we could all stop in and join you ladies.

Your New Year’s chili plan sounds great. Chili is always a crowd-pleaser; guests can use whatever toppings they desire. Take care, and wishing you the happiest of holidays. Let us know how your luncheon goes next week.

• Terese Tuohey

December 20, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Hey, everybody!  If you ever get a chance to connect in person (not at a conference) with another member of this forum, DO IT!  Mainegal and I met up last year here in FL, and have continued our friendship via email .  Yesterday, we met for lunch at a Thai retaurant!  I think we talked and laughed more than we ate!  It was such fun, we are now planning a monthly lunch date at least until I have to go back north in April.  Jen and Colleeen, one of these days we will meet in person – and you are welcome to join us for lunch!  Merry Christmas!

• jen-cueva

December 20, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Oh, @tervo, I LOVE this so much!! You truly made my week! I am so happy that you and @mainegal have become so close. It’s fantastic to hear about the friendship y’all have formed because of the forums.

Thai food is yummy! I’m looking forward to having some with my kiddos when they arrive. Hubby doesn’t care for it too much.

Monthly lunch dates with chatter and laughter sound so fun. Thanks for sharing, and hugs to you both when y’all meet again.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

• Colleen

December 22, 2022 at 10:19 am

This is awesome! I’m so-so happy to hear that @tervo and @mainegal were able to meet in person! It really is the best when you get to meet a PH friend face-to-face after getting to know them so well in a forum. I would love it if we can meet some day!

Merry Christmas!

• Sally Hoffman

December 22, 2022 at 11:31 am

Hi Colleen and Jen,

Wishing you and all the members a Healthy and Happy New Year.  I know you heard about the wonderful lunch Terese and I had.  Looking forward to next month.

• jen-cueva

December 22, 2022 at 2:01 pm

Hi @mainegal, thanks so much for your holiday wishes. I am so grateful that you and Terese have plans to continue these luncheons while she is in Florida.

I would love to meet you both. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too. Please pop in and let us know how you’re doing.

• Terese Tuohey

December 26, 2022 at 9:44 am

Dear everybody,

How are you all faring with this cold/snow/windchill mess that is practically everywhere in our country?  Here in FL it has been in the 30s and 40s, and for this place, it is REALLY cold.  But that’s not anything compared to what other places are experiencing.  I pray you are all warm, have enough food, and have electricity.  God bless you all!  2023 has got to be better!

• jen-cueva

December 28, 2022 at 3:28 pm

Hi @tervo, thanks for checking in. I know many here are affected by all of these storms. That is cold for sunny Florida!

We had almost 80 degrees and sunny for Christmas. But today is wet and cooler.

Yes, y’all, please let us know y’all are safe and have power, food, and all you need to get through this crazy storm that affected the entire country.

• Debbie Moore

December 28, 2022 at 11:00 am

Christmas was wonderful.  Just my small family but it was delightful.  After Christmas, we bought another Mustang.  It’s a 66 K Code GT Coupe.  I really need our garage to get built!

Looking forward to New Year’s.  We’ll be visiting my in-laws in TN this weekend.  When we return, Wayne is going to smoke ducks for our anniversary(40 years) and belated New Year’s celebration with the kids.  Then just a few doctor appointments, and we are off for Hawaii.  The New Year is looking good!  I hope you all prosper in all ways of life!

• jen-cueva

December 28, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Hi @debbie, it sounds like a wonderful Christmas with your family. But that 66 Mustang GT, I am jelly! I can’t wait to tell Manny what you got, LOL.

I know y’all will be cruising to more car shows this coming year. But first, that big anniversary celebration trip to Hawaii! What an awesome way to start off 2023!