Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins What are you thankful for this Tuesday?

• What are you thankful for this Tuesday?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 5, 2024 at 5:05 pm

I’m finally thrilled to return home after a long week at the hospital! I’ve missed you all dearly and apologize for missing any of your posts. I’ll be spending the next day or so catching up, but just wanted to drop a quick note to say I’m now at home, recovering, and eager to hear how everyone’s been doing here. 💜

This is my Thankful Tuesday shoutout. What about you? Do you have any gratitude moments you’d love to share with the community? Let’s spread some positivity on this Thankful Tuesday!

Terese Tuohey replied 3 days, 14 hours ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 16, 2024 at 12:06 pm

It’s Thankful Tuesday again. Or maybe it’s more of a Taco Tuesday🌮 for you. However, we can celebrate both, right?

I will try to use one of my mom’s old-school thoughts and make a taco-inspired dish tonight. Who knows what it will end up being? But I am starting with some leftover ingredients like corn tortillas, avocado, and lean ground beef. Mom would call this “clean out the fridge” suppers. We certainly had some interesting meals, some tasty, and some we said not again. Hehe.

I’ll start with the sun is shining, and I’m alive and breathing this beautiful morning. 🌞What about y’all? What simple thing are you thankful for today?

• Kathleen Grady

April 16, 2024 at 2:16 pm

I am so sorry to hear that you were in the hospital!. I hate being cooped up and attached to stuff.

I am thankful for Taco Tuesday…we got tacos at work, so I am taking them home for dinner.

I am grateful that I have been feeling better (got my Remodulin increased) so it has allowed me not to be so winded walking up stairs etc…I have been dragging my friends to AHL hockey games and have not worried as much to where we sit, and how far I have to walk back up the stairs.

Got to enjoy the Eclipse, we had a watch party at my Apartment complex, which I helped organize. So I have been keeping busy there. We do a lot of activities there and of course I am on the committee and have made a couple neighbors join too. So I am really thankful that I am able to stay positive and enjoy each activity as they come.

• jen-cueva

April 17, 2024 at 7:57 pm

Hi, @Kathleen Grady. You brought yummy tacos home from work for dinner, so there’s no need to cook dinner. What kind of tacos do you enjoy? If you’re like me, you’re not too picky about what type. Hehe.

Wow, I’m happy to hear your Remodulin increase has helped. The friends at the hockey games sound like fun; thanks for sharing. Manny and I are planning to go to our first Padres baseball game of the season this weekend. I’m excited but always get anxious about our seats, and if there aren’t some spots, I can mostly get to using my wheelchair.

That’s so cool that you are on the planning committee of your complex. That would be fun and, yes, keep you busy, too. It sounds like with work and that, you are non-stop, my PHriend.But I bet you make new friends, too. How fun!

• Randolph Reynolds

April 17, 2024 at 9:00 am

I am thankful that our move to a retirement place (hotel) has gone as well as it could. There was a lot of stress and much adjusting I need to do but we are working on those things. My routines have been altered, often confusing, but considering how my wife and I are still active we are way in front of most of the elderly people here. Still able to meet with my friends who have not yet reached this point. I’ll comment more as time goes by.

• Colleen Steele

April 17, 2024 at 5:01 pm

@Randolph Reynolds I have wondered how the transition (move) has been going for you. Good on the both of you for doing it and working on adjusting with the change together. I’m invested in any updates you provide because I think my parents could benefit from doing this but they refuse to be open to the idea.

• jen-cueva

April 17, 2024 at 8:03 pm

Hi, @Randolph Reynolds; wow, that is quicker than I thought for this significant transition. I can only imagine how confused you and your wife are with your usual routines. But I bet with a bit of time, you both will begin to realize how much stress is off of you with taking care of a full, larger home. It’s not easy, and I believe I’m a bit behind you, but our downsizing to the smaller condo is much better.

Will your friends also be visiting? I know you must have a group you can talk with. But I’m sure you and your wife will make new friends, too.

Please take care and know we are always here for support. I’m looking forward to hearing more updates soon.

• Terese Tuohey

April 23, 2024 at 2:43 pm

Jen, I am thankful for your support! I just received an email from PAH and I have been accepted to <font size=”3″ face=”Calibri”>to participate in the Patient Education Breakout Sessions at the coming conference in Indianapolis.</font>

<font size=”3″ face=”Calibri”>I hope that what I have to say will be of help to at least one person there. Thanks to you and Colleen both!
    </font>