Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH What Are Your Fun Plans After Lockdown?

• What Are Your Fun Plans After Lockdown?

Posted by Colleen on March 31, 2020 at 8:00 am

We are all looking forward to the day when lockdown is over and people can start returning to their normal lives. Where will be the first place you will want to go?

Honestly, I’m anxious to go to the hairdresser. It will just be for a trim because I have long hair that I plan on keeping, but it’s always refreshing to have a few inches cut off. Maybe I will even treat myself to a mani and pedi.

Anyone else thinking along those lines or do you have something else fun or rejuvenating in mind?

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 1, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Hey @colleensteele, You and I plus a ton will be in line to get our salon services. That and a mani-pedi sounds fantastic today. But, first, see my kiddos and other family members that I can hug. I so am missing that touch. Family dinners will be on my list as we try to do this weekly.

Next, although it sounds strange, is to go to the grocery store. I enjoy this, almost like a “field trip” as my daughter says. I tend to enjoy going to my local grocer, because I know so many and talk to them there. Going to other grocers like Trader Joe’s. Whole Foods and others in Houston is fun for me. Anyone else enjoy going to the grocery store?

So many things, as you can see, let’s not forget my coffee and/or lunch dates with my daughter.

• Colleen

April 1, 2020 at 6:38 pm

@jenc I got a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about all those things you mentioned. I can’t believe I mentioned the salon first when I have bigger plans on my mind. My dad turns 90 in August and I’m hoping to fly home to NJ to celebrate it with him. I’ve delayed making the plans and purchasing the plane tickets until lockdown has ended.

I can imagine how much you are missing your family! Soon…we just have to maintain faith and hope that soon, life will return to normal.

• Deborah A

April 1, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Colleen and Jen, the hairdresser sounds great. And I haven’t been able to see my daughter, she’s 29 but still my baby, I love hugging her and hearing all her stories. I hope you are both doing ok.

• Colleen

April 1, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Thanks @deboraha, I’m doing doing fine and my family is holding up as well. I read in a previous post that you and your husband were sick for a bit but feeling better now? I hope you both continue on a path to recovery and no set-backs. We had some viral symptoms too but thank God, it wasn’t COVID-19. We are all feeling much better now.

• Brittany Foster

April 2, 2020 at 7:45 am

@colleensteele you’re right ! It’s so important now more than ever to have hope that things are going to get better. I feel like people are getting so used to staying home that when we can all actually go outside without the fear, it is going to feel amazing and even better than before. I have to try to remain optimistic about all of this. I hate having to leave my house with fear of who I may come into contact with, it’s not a good way to feel!

• jen-cueva

April 2, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Aww, thanks, @colleensteele, I do remember that you were looking forward to celebrating your Dad’s special birthday this summer. Let’s hope and pray that all will work out and you and your family can be there with him to celebrate.

Being away from my parents, I am sure that worries you, too—hugs to you.

I know, we will get there.

• jen-cueva

April 2, 2020 at 12:12 pm

@deboraha, my baby girl (and only child) is 27 and married, so that is who my “kiddos” are. They are always our babies.

How are you doing?

Yes, the hairdresser will be much needed soon. -Hehe

• jen-cueva

April 2, 2020 at 12:16 pm

You are not alone, @brittany-foster. I only have been on drives, and when we go, I am ready to get back home quickly. It is almost like a “safety blanket.”

Thinking about how nice it will be soon is such a positive thought. We all need to remember that hope. Yesterday mu=y daughter called to tell me about a friend of hers, a nurse. They said they would be happy when the biggest decision is , ” guac or queso”, so true- Hehe

• Brittany Foster

April 2, 2020 at 4:18 pm

@jenc i can settle that debate right now: GUAC, always GUAC! hahahaha ! Just my opinion though but I think it’s facts LOL

• jen-cueva

April 3, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Too funny @brittany-foster, I also go with Guac and lots of it! Chipotle has new white queso which I was told that I need to try. I have yet to try it.