• jen-cueva

May 30, 2021 at 2:49 pm

I am so happy that you and Cullen both will receive your 2nd vaccination on Memorial Day. I hope that all goes well for you both, @colleensteele.

We will be here hopefully grilling, and maybe I will finally get to go in the pool a little. This all depends on the weather. It will be just Manny and me, so we will relax and enjoy the day together.

Oh. Spring cleaning sounds like something I have not yet done. I keep forgetting summer is pretty much staring us in the face.

Sasha hates fireworks, so we will probably be up late with her as we do on all holidays fireworks may be used. What about your fur babies?

I always want to go to the veteran’s cemetery and help put out the flags for Memorial Day, but Manny says it is too much walking and not wheelchair friendly.

• jen-cueva

June 2, 2021 at 11:25 am

Hey @colleensteele, I did want to check in on you and Cullen and see how things are going since your second vaccination on Monday. Did Aidan have a chance to get his yet? I know that he stays busy with his job.

What about the spring cleaning? Did you get that completed or started? I am a bit behind, LOL

• Colleen

June 2, 2021 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for asking @jenc. Cullen and I are fully vaccinated now with no major side-effects. We both kind of felt tired and Cullen experience some muscle aches, but that is about it. Brian has been fully vaccinated for weeks now.

While I was in line I overheard someone ask if they are taking walk-ins. They said yes, at this point any day they accept walk-ins. I called Aidan and he headed over and he now has his first shot done! Yay team Steele!

• jen-cueva

June 3, 2021 at 1:08 pm

Awesome news, @colleensteele! Yes, Kudos to team Steele.

Sadly, Manny and I both have been on hold. I messaged my PH doc as I was supposed to see him this month. But, found out my appointment pushed it to July because he will be out of the office for 2 weeks.

I must say, I am not happy about waiting, Mainly because we are planning to fly to San Diego in August for Kk’s birthday for a few days. I am looking forward to that but want to be vaccinated a bit before we would go. Manny has to revisit this with his doc too.

I have let my PH nurse know that I am not happy with that wait, so we will see what she says.

• jen-cueva

May 26, 2022 at 1:46 pm

Hey y’all, it’s that time again. Doesn’t it feel like we get back to a holiday much faster than ever? I don’t know if it’s age, the world we live in post-COVID, or what. It has flown by so much faster to me the last several years.

@colleensteele, funny, I didn’t remember that you and Cullen received your 2nd vaccine on Memorial Day a year ago. It seems much longer than that, right?

Does anyone have any plans for the Memorial Day weekend? My hubby and I plan to take our bikes somewhere we haven’t been and ride them, but that’s it. Our neighbor friend’s son graduates high school on Saturday, and I’m helping her prepare for that. After that, Manny and I may be MIA for a day.

What about y’all? Any plans to get together or BBQ?

• debbie-moore

May 26, 2022 at 2:34 pm

I’ll be working part of the day (the store is open).  So Sunday afternoon the kids are coming over to celebrate my husband’s birthday.  We’ll be having smoked frog legs!

• jen-cueva

May 27, 2022 at 2:00 pm

Happy birthday to your hubby, @debbie. Smoked frog legs, huh? I’ve only ever had fried frog legs, which was maybe twice in my life. Is that one of his favorites?

Hopefully, you’ll have a busy morning at the shop and then rest the remainder of Monday. Any interest in the shop? I think you mentioned you had at one time.

Enjoy your family and your hubby’s birthday and maybe a little “Debbie” time.

@colleensteele and I will be off on Monday so we will be back on Tuesday. Although, at times, one of us has been guilty of checking in. I’m getting better at taking time off unless I’m at home near my Mac.

• debbie-moore

May 28, 2022 at 1:59 pm

@jenc we’ve had fried frog legs but never smoked, but we love trying new things.  He likes everything and he loves to smoke food.  It will be a happy day!

A lot of nibbles on the business but no takers yet.  I think it may be time to go with a broker.

Enjoy your Memorial day!

• jen-cueva

May 31, 2022 at 11:52 am

Hi @debbie, how were the smoked frog legs? I hope you and your family enjoyed a family birthday dinner for your husband.

Nibbles are positive and may turn into something more significant. I’ll say a little prayer for you, my PHriend. I know you’re probably working today, too, so check-in and let us know how things are going.

Thank you, we had a lovely weekend and a long bike ride over at Coronado Island; that was an excellent reset for me. Yesterday was more relaxing as Manny made ribs, I made a pasta salad, and we had watermelon, one of my favorites.

• debbie-moore

May 31, 2022 at 3:27 pm

@jenc The frog legs were yummy.  My son-in-law who is the pickiest eater in the world even loved them.  I think they taste better smoked than fried, but you want to eat them hot.  Once they start to cool they taste a little drier.

Still have the business.  Still… Still…  Appreciate the prayers.

• jen-cueva

June 1, 2022 at 10:08 am

Interesting @debbie! Being a southern gal myself, and that will never leave me, I thought all things fried were always better, right? Hehe

I will have to try the smoked frog legs one day. Are frog legs expensive as far as comparison to other meats? Of course, I’ve never bought them myself, only had fried at restaurants, primarily cajun places. Thanks for sharing.

The prayers are coming now; I just said another for selling the store and you and your family. Things will fall into place.

• jen-cueva

May 26, 2023 at 2:16 pm

Here we are again; it’s time for the Memorial Day weekend that takes us into summer. Is anyone planning to BBQ? Do y’all have any plans?

I bet we do for some reason because I have been craving good ole’ BBQ and dill pickles today. Hehe.

Happy birthday to your hubby, too. Since you won’t work this Memorial Day I may not be on until next weekend. @debbie, what are your plans?

Beach, bike rides, and BBQ sound like our weekend plans. Now, I’m getting hungry!

Y’all enjoy a lovely holiday weekend. Colleen and I are off Monday. But you never know; often, you may find us popping in unless we aren’t home busy with family.

• delois-tweedy

May 29, 2023 at 11:24 am

Happy Memorial Day! Hope everyone has a good, safe one.

Won’t be grilling here, but my son-in-law will be. Going to my daughter’s for a simple low key celebration.

In the last couple of days, I visited cemeteries and placed flags/flowers. My Dad served in the Army in the Korean War. Actually, I am only 20-25 minutes from the National D-Day Memorial. It is awesome to have such a memorial so close to me.

• jen-cueva

May 30, 2023 at 1:49 pm

Hi @deetweedy, it sounds like you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Low-key celebrations are perfect. What did y’all BBQ? I’m still craving BBQ and dill pickles.

It was wet yesterday, so we had a “lazy” day. And that’s what we did, minus cooking a late lunch/early dinner.

Your visits to the cemeteries for flags and flowers for your Dad must offer some gratitude. I told Manny next year; we should go to the Rosecrans National VA Cemetery, just 20 minutes away.

My family and I would visit the National Cemetery in Texas with my brother-in-law to lay flags and attend the ceremony, paying tribute to his father and countless other brave souls. It was an experience filled with beauty.

I’m delighted you can visit the National D-Day Memorial. Witnessing such a fitting tribute to those who have given their all is a true honor.

What did everyone else in The US do yesterday for Memorial Day?

• debbie-moore

June 5, 2023 at 9:46 am

We traveled from TN at Memorial day.  We brought my mother-in-law back with us.  My husband’s birthday was the next Saturday.  Thinking he was going to smoke a brisket, I was excited.  Then he tells me he just wants spaghetti for his birthday supper.  I was a little disappointed, but what an easy supper for me to fix.  We had a delightful time.

• jen-cueva

June 5, 2023 at 12:45 pm

Hi @debbie, I am happy that your MIL came back with y’all. Will she be staying for a while? You sound like me setting your thoughts on that brisket, then he switched gears on you.

But I wanted spaghetti and some freshly baked garlic bread. It may need to be on our dinner menu this week. Although, Manny is trying to cut down on carbs. I’m a “Carbie,” as my daughter says.

I’m happy you all enjoyed Memorial Day weekend and celebrated your hubby’s birthday the following weekend. I bet your spaghetti dinner was yummy!

Any plans for this month?

• debbie-moore

June 7, 2023 at 7:21 am

Hi @jenc My MIL will stay about a month.  Next week we are taking her to Charleston, SC to see my BIL and his wife.  Wayne has a conference there so we are tagging along.  I have a couple of dr appointments.  So not much this month.

How’s your month?

• jen-cueva

June 7, 2023 at 1:15 pm

Hi @debbie, it sounds like y’all will have a lovely family gathering in Charleston. I’ve never been there to visit, but it’s been on my travel list, which is quite large. IDK if I would want to go in the summer. Is it hot and humid there, like on the Texas Gulf Coast?

What appointments do you have this month? Let us know in the June calendar post, and we can offer you some positive thoughts and prayers.

I have a busier medical month than I thought, but I hope most of my visits will be done by the end of August. Otherwise, hopefully, chilling at the beach and riding my E-bike more is my goal.

• debbie-moore

June 7, 2023 at 2:57 pm

@jenc  The heat and humidity of Charleston don’t bother me a bit.  It’s where I was born and raised.  I always feel like I’m back to a normal body temperature.  I do miss the beach.  Sometimes I can close my eyes and smell the salt air.  That is amazing since my sniffer hasn’t worked for years!

• jen-cueva

June 8, 2023 at 11:12 am

Aww, @debbie, I understand that craving deep in your soul for the beach air. What a wonderful place to grow up. So interesting that you can still smell that salty beach air.

It’s been on my travel list for years. I’ve been there as a child, passing through with my parents, but I don’t remember much.

I was raised in the South most of my life until my parents divorced. I would think I would be adjusted to the heat and humidity, but I didn’t, even after living on the Texas Gulf Coast for years. I am certain I developed some slight tolerance, but those suffocating summer days, especially after my first COVID, were horrific.

Enjoy Charleston beach air and family time. It always looks like a lovely place to visit and eat. Hehe.