Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH What Covid Phase Is Your State/Area Of Residence In?

• What Covid Phase Is Your State/Area Of Residence In?

Posted by Colleen on June 11, 2020 at 6:07 pm

I live in the state of Washington where we are slowly moving forward to phase 3. Traffic has increased, stores and restaurants are busier and some people are starting to gather in small groups. Except for my youngest son who has been going to work, the rest of us are still remaining at home. Since my husband and I are able to work from home this is not a big issue for us but I know that for many it is.

Where you reside, what Covid phase is that area in and how are you handling it? Are you staying at home or slowly exploring life outside the home again?

Colleen replied 3 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Alfred Gronroos

June 12, 2020 at 10:26 am

Hi from Arizona. AZ as a whole is having an increase in cases, due to people starting to move around much more. I had a doctor appointment last week and the traffic was horrendous, no one must have been home.. I am a prisoner in my own house. I have only been out three times and all were doctor appointments. People were not wearing masks. I believe masks are very important= medical professionals have used them forever and they are not comfortable to wear. Unfortuneately we live in a very emotional time. Who knows what will happen next within our country? Glad I am old.

• jen-cueva

June 12, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Hi @alfredjohn, TX is opening all around me. I have been to the labs so far. This week after my labels, my daughter took me to the coffee shop. It is my favorite little local place on the lake. No one was there, so we ordered coffee and sit out by the water for a little while. It was so peaceful and much needed. The 2 staff members were using gloves and masks. I also wear my mask until I get outside.

Here it is like nothing is going on to some. Others will wear masks still. I have been in the Jeep while hubby goes in places, and I enjoy people watching-hehe. It can be frustrating when others do not take precautions.

Today restaurants are at 75%, but some smaller places continue to be closed. Others only offer curbside and delivery.

I will agree the masks are uncomfortable. I am awaiting Vogmasks to in stock. They have a valve that helps with breathing.

• Colleen

June 12, 2020 at 12:41 pm

@alfredjohn it is so frustrating when I have to go somewhere and half the people are wearing masks and the other half are not. What good does that do? I hear you about being a prisoner in your own house. My son is 20 (transplant recipient) and he has not left the house in months except for an occasional drive with his brother just to feel a little freedom. He spends most of his time in his room. I hate seeing him confined like that but he has to be careful with what he does and where he goes.

We are airing on the side of caution and maintaining social distancing as we wait and see how the country fairs during these transitional phases.

Take care of yourself and we are always here to keep you company during these difficult times.

• Robin Webster

June 13, 2020 at 12:55 pm

It’s weird here, because I live in a Tri-State Area. And each of the three states’ governors have handled the past few months very differently. While I’ve remained in my own house or back yard exclusively other than a few car rides and one trip to a blood lab, my husband and children have had to move about between the states on a regular basis, either for work or groceries, etc. Things are starting to open up now in all three states. There is almost no business that remains completely closed by order of the government, but many remain closed either because they didn’t financially survive the past few months or because it’s not feasible for them to open and follow the mandated health regulations. Where I work (a museum) we have remained closed mainly because we are only a staff of three and two of us are high risk. The other high-risk individual is my mother, who is 80. The remaining employee is my daughter. There is no way one person could adequately disinfect a huge, three-story, 100-year-old bank building each time after visitors had gone though on tours. And obviously I don’t want her taking that risk. We’ve had violent, threatening confrontations in this area between those who wear the masks and those who don’t or against those trying to enforce regulations. No one will ever convince me it’s worth taking that type of risks to show people some things in a museum. We don’t charge admission, so there’s literally no benefit to us in opening while risks are still high. I just hope our sponsors continue to support us throughout this time so that when it’s safe we may reopen.

• jen-cueva

June 14, 2020 at 2:12 pm

Hi @robin-webster that is so cool that 3 generations run the museum! Is this your family’s business?

Like you, I try to be cautious. I stayed at home except for drives until Mother’s Day when I had a social distancing picnic with my kiddos. I have been to the lab and for a COVID test. Tuesday, I go to the medical center for my PH stuff. This will be my first visit since February.

Here in Texas, it appears everything is almost open. Friday restaurants opened to 75% capacity. I still take precautions and order my groceries online, etc. I am so ready for my hair appointment and grocery store.

I have now seen my kiddos a few times as they both are currently working from home. That is a plus in my book, any day!

• Colleen

June 15, 2020 at 2:59 pm

@robin-webster I thought about your museum several times over the past few months. I’m sorry for not asking how you and your family were handling the pandemic impact on business. I would like to believe that people who sponsor a museum do so because they are invested in history and culture and advocates for maintaining it. Hopefully that is true and their dedication will continue through this difficult times.