Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What Have You Amazed Yourself By Achieving?

• What Have You Amazed Yourself By Achieving?

Posted by Colleen on November 2, 2020 at 11:56 am

On Nov. 1st Hannah shared in her “30 Days of PH” story:

“Well, I’ve been a PAH-er for 8 years this December and during that time I’ve gotten married, moved to a new state, graduated with my bachelors and master’s in social work and earned my LMSW. I become a foster parent to a sweet, sweet babe, and am closer to God, my family, and friends; because of and despite the hardships chronic illness has brought.”

Share with us what you are most proud of achieving and how you managed to not let PH get in the way. There are no small achievements so tell us about anything that has made you feel good about yourself.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 2, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Another awesome PH journey. We can all learn from Hannah! She has achieved so much and continues not to let PH stop her. I love her attitude.

I can work a little when I thought that I would never work again. I also think of the years that the doctors did not think I would be here, 16 years in February. Riding a bike again, although it is an E-bike, is so much fun, and I love how free it makes me feel. It is the smallest thing for me.

• jen-cueva

February 25, 2021 at 11:07 am

I was scrolling and came across this topic. I think that looking back and reflecting on how we amazed ourselves is important.

I am amazed at how much my body goes through but continues to keep me going. I amazed my doctors, too. Although I am not yet to my norm pre-COVID, I am much closer.

What about you? How have you amazed yourself?