Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What Is On Your Medical Calendar for April?

• What Is On Your Medical Calendar for April?

Posted by Colleen on April 3, 2020 at 3:30 pm

I almost didn’t ask, but there might be things, virus epidemic or not, that we can’t put off.

Is there anything on your April schedule that you want to tell us about so that we can support you through the process? We are here for you so tell us what is on your mind.

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brittany Foster

April 4, 2020 at 10:19 am

Hey @colleensteele there are definitely some things that can’t be put off ! In the very start of this April I am planning on getting my port placed. It actually got changed from a port to a tunneled catheter. They think that with the more frequent access for nutrition and hydration there would be more risk of infection if I had the port placed under the skin vs something I can access outside of the skin. The tunneled cath tries to be as much “in the body” as possible and just the lumens hang out for easier access. This will probably ultimately be better for me anyways.

• jen-cueva

April 4, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Hey @brittany-foster, I hope that they will set your surgery up soon. The tunneled catheter sounds like a better fit for you. Do you know if they are planning to place it in your neck or chest? How are you doing with the kidney stones? I hope that you can pass the stones and rest some this weekend.

As far as my April plans, all are just virtual appointments and labs within the week, I will need to do. I feel so lost since I am usually at appointments of some sort about once a week.