Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

I almost didn’t ask, but there might be things, virus epidemic or not, that we can’t put off.

Is there anything on your April schedule that you want to tell us about so that we can support you through the process? We are here for you so tell us what is on your mind.

Brittany Foster
      Keymaster

Hey @colleensteele there are definitely some things that can’t be put off ! In the very start of this April I am planning on getting my port placed. It actually got changed from a port to a tunneled catheter. They think that with the more frequent access for nutrition and hydration there would be more risk of infection if I had the port placed under the skin vs something I can access outside of the skin. The tunneled cath tries to be as much “in the body” as possible and just the lumens hang out for easier access. This will probably ultimately be better for me anyways.

Jen Cueva

Hey @brittany-foster, I hope that they will set your surgery up soon. The tunneled catheter sounds like a better fit for you. Do you know if they are planning to place it in your neck or chest? How are you doing with the kidney stones? I hope that you can pass the stones and rest some this weekend.

As far as my April plans, all are just virtual appointments and labs within the week, I will need to do. I feel so lost since I am usually at appointments of some sort about once a week.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account