Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What Is On Your Medical Calendar for February?

• What Is On Your Medical Calendar for February?

Posted by Colleen on February 4, 2022 at 6:52 pm

I know we are several days in already but @jenc and I would like to check-in with everyone and ask what is planned for this month? Are there any upcoming appointments, new treatments or procedures that you would like to mention so we can support you?

My son Cullen, has a cardiology appointment on the 18th. It’s been a while since he has seen this doctor face to face and we are anxious to discuss the results of his recent stress echo. For the most part I think it went well but I know there are (hopefully minor) signs of some decline which are expected after 7 years post-transplant. Other than that…just regular labs scheduled later in the month.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jen-cueva

February 7, 2022 at 4:15 pm

Thanks @colleensteele, and I will have Cullen in my thoughts and prayers on the 18th. I know you will be worried until you see the Cardiologist and hear about those test results.

I see my new PCP in person this month, on the 23rd. From there, I will see about transitioning to a kidney doc (Nephrologist) here. I’ve been sticking with my current Nephrologist because my labs have been off. I did get them back, and they are a tad better in some areas, not others. I am so waiting to hear back from him. I tried to get my labs back to more “my norm” before I transitioned to a new one.

So, I may have other appointments as the month continues.

• Colleen

February 8, 2022 at 12:04 am

@jenc we might have to reschedule Cullen’s appointment. He will be working on finals that week. It will depend on where he is at with them. His whole life his medical appointments came before school. Since he is doing well I think this once we can let school take priority.

I didn’t realize you are still with your Texas nephrologist. When Cullen was transitioning to adult care Stanford kept him on a bit longer for the same reason. We waited until he was a bit more stable.

I’m sorry your numbers are off. Is it your creatine and electrolytes?

• jen-cueva

February 8, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Hi @colleensteele, that makes sense that you may have to change Cullen’s appointment depending on his schedule for finals. How’s school going for him this semester? Is it me, or does it feel like the semesters fly by?

Yeah, my nephrologist and I decided to wait until we can get my labs a bit more stable. Thank you, but unfortunately, it’s part of the cards dealt. Yes, my electrolytes showed a tad improvement. Although, my creatinine is worse than the last one. So, back to the drawing board. I hope they will stabilize a tad within the next few weeks. But, my body was sending me signals that my kidneys weren’t my norm.

One step at a time.

• Colleen

February 8, 2022 at 8:43 pm

@jenc if I may brag for a moment…Cullen is doing extremely well in college. Straight A’s, honors society and he made the President’s list. But most important, he is enjoying the work.

• jen-cueva

February 10, 2022 at 1:17 pm

That’s awesome, @colleensteele! Thank you for sharing those fantastic accomplishments that Cullen had achieved. But more important, he;’s enjoying it!

Please let him know how proud I am of him. Does his semester-end next week? This update makes me smile and my Moma heart happy! Brag away!!