Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What Is On Your Schedule For November

• What Is On Your Schedule For November

Posted by Colleen on November 1, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Can you believe it’s November already?

What do you have on your medical calendar this month? Share with us what you are concerned about so that we can support you.

This is a big month for my son. We live in WA and will be driving to CA next Saturday for my son’s yearly post-transplant tests and procedures to evaluate how he is doing. It’s long days of appointments starting the 11th to the 15th. Then on the 17th he turns 20!

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • brittany-foster

November 1, 2019 at 1:12 pm

I luckily don’t have much on my medical calendar as of right now. I just got my new tube replaced and am already feeling a lot less weighed down by the heaviness of the other one so I am hopeful that I will be able to get more nutrients through it and will start to feel stronger as the weeks go on. I really always look forward to the holiday season and last year I spent in the hospital almost every single holiday. I DO NOT want to do that this year so I am hoping for a healthy rest of the year. I am just focusing on taking care of my mental health and physical health as best I can so I can stay in the best shape possible to avoid any complications.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Hey Brittany,
      I am so happy that you feel less weighed down with the smaller tube. I know that you have been brought so much in the last few months. I cannot even imagine!

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you focus on yourself and trying to keep your mental health in check, too. This is a lot to deal with. Please know that I am here for you.

• brittany-foster

November 4, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Thank you so much, Jen. I have finally reached out to my care team for the mental health help with all of this. It is so hard to deal with emotionally and I have noticed myself just getting more agitated with things and I don’t like the person that I am when I’m like that. I just got prescribed Lexapro for anti depressant and anti anxiety and I take my klonopin as needed at night. There is really no shame in asking for help, especially when it comes to mental health. It is such an overlooked piece of healing.

• jen-cueva

November 6, 2019 at 10:09 am

Brittany,
        I am so happy that your medical team is helping you with your mental health, too. I cannot even begin to imagine how your emotions are. You have been on a non-stop rollercoaster ride for months. Sadly, this rollercoaster ride has not been fun.

So true, mental health is so important and no one should feel embarrassed or ashamed to ask for help.

Sending you all the positive vibes, hugs, and love from Texas.I have to say, I love the pics of you and BB. I know that having him is therapeutic, also.

• Colleen

November 1, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Brittany,
    So it happened…you had the surgery?! I’m SO HAPPY for you! Will you be able to go home soon?

• brittany-foster

November 4, 2019 at 10:08 am

Hi Colleen,
      Yes I had the surgery. It was great the first day probably because I was very numbed up and still coming off the anesthesia high LOL but it is really sore the last few days. I’m happy to be using it though and actually getting some nourishment from it. It feels good to be able to get nutrition.

• Colleen

November 4, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Brittany,
        …and I see that you are home now! I’m so happy for you. Your puppy must have been so excited to see you!

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Brittany, I am sure that extra nutrition is going to help with this healing process. I am hopeful that the soreness will improve as time passes. With that smaller tube, I am sure that your body will adjust faster to it.

I am happy to know that you are getting the nutrition that you need for healing. I am sure that you will start feeling some benefits from that, too.

• brittany-foster

November 6, 2019 at 8:04 pm

Thank you for your kind messages, Jen. BB is definitely a huge help and he’s a good cuddler, but the puppy stage is tough and it’s hard work to keep up with him. I feel like my body and mind are already completely exhausted.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Hi Colleen,
    I know this year has flown by! I cannot believe that November his here.

I hope and pray that the post-transplant evaluation comes back with positive news. I know this must be not only exhausting but mentally draining as well. Are y’all going to be there for the annual walk or is that over? Prayers are with y’all and also a Happy Birthday to Cullen. That is quite a bit for him to process all in one month. Hugs to you, too.

• Colleen

November 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm

@jenc unfortunately we missed the annual walk, it took place yesterday. We couldn’t schedule his appointments sooner and because he’s in college there was no way for him to miss two weeks. As it is he’s stressed about missing one.

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Aww, I am so sorry. I know that y’all were hoping to make it to the walk. I am sure that one week is tough to be out.

Keep us posted on the visit, @colleensteele. I know that he will receive all the positive news.

• Colleen

November 15, 2019 at 9:12 pm

Hi everyone! This week I’ve been in CA with my son for his week long post transplant tests and procedures. There are several results we are still waiting on but so far the reports have been good. His doctors are pleased with how his heart and lungs look and are functioning. There are a few challenges like his kidney disease but they are being managed. Keeping our fingers crossed that nothing unexpected turns up in the remaining results.

I’ve tried to check-in this week when I could . Next week my schedule will be back to normal. I hope everyone had a decent week and now enjoying the weekend.

• jen-cueva

November 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Hi Colleen,
      I am so glad to hear that overall so far the post-transplant follow-up went well. I pray that nothing else comes up except more positive news. I am sure that you and your family are tired after this trip. I know it can be mentally and physically draining on all of you. I hope that y’all found something good to eat or fun to do in between the business of appointments.

I hope that you can rest and get back into your usual routine this upcoming week. Hugs to you and prayers that positive news continues for the most part, as you mention.