• What is something that you are looking forward to?

Posted by brittany-foster on October 10, 2019 at 8:07 am

Whenever I am going through a particularly difficult time in my life, I like to plan things to have something to look forward to. Having something to look forward to in life just gives me the extra push I need when things feel like they’re too hard to handle. Today, I will be going to the Carrie Underwood concert and have been looking forward to this moment since getting tickets LAST August 2018. To my surprise, I also am going to her MEET AND GREET. I know I have talked about this in some last posts but I just can’t wipe the smile and excitement off my face.

I also have other things to look forward to in the next few months. I am going to a NFL football game with my sister, boyfriend, and his friend and we will be spending that day with all of us as well as the tailgate party that my uncle has. This is something that I look forward to every year for the past 6 years. Last year, I was in a bad spot medically so I couldn’t attend the game I had tickets for. I am really happy that I can go to this one and I know it will be a great time.

The holiday season is also something that I have always looked forward to. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite !!! Mostly because I’m not thinking about how broke I am from buying gifts LOL and I get to spend quality time with the people that mean the most to me.

What are some things you are looking forward to in the coming months? Share in the PH forum.

brittany-foster replied 4 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Colleen

October 11, 2019 at 1:58 pm

Brittany,
    I’m sure you will write a column about meeting Carrie Underwood but gives us a teaser. How was it?

• jen-cueva

October 12, 2019 at 10:58 am

Brittany,
    I can’t wait to read your column about meeting Carrie Underwood.

The cooler weather which came in yesterday excited me, lol
    But I’m hoping it is here to stay.

The holidays are always something I look forward too. Plus a cookie cake for my birthday, lol 😆

Btw, @colleensteele, I hope that you’re celebrating YOU all weekend since you’re birthday was yesterday! 😀

It certainly helps our mental health when we have these moments to look forward to it. Especially when the month is full of appointments.

• brittany-foster

October 14, 2019 at 8:12 am

Meeting Carrie was so amazing and it was one of those moments that I’ll never forget. Although I was a little shocked by how “unreal” she looked because of all the stage makeup, she was still breathtaking and beautiful and so nice and kind in person and I was not let down at all. She even told me “I’m so glad that you’re with us today”. All I could respond with was “met too”. But hearing those words really meant a lot to me especially after everything I’ve been through. I truly am glad that I was able to be here for THAT moment and many more special moments to come.

I would be looking forward to that cookie cake too! I used to love those, they were my favorite. Especially with some ice cream. Ice cream always makes any type of cake so much better. Colleen,
      I hope you had the best birthday. What did you birthday plans look like? Hopefully spent with your family and friends !