Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What Is The Hardest Decision You Have Recently Had To Make?

• What Is The Hardest Decision You Have Recently Had To Make?

Posted by Colleen on August 25, 2020 at 2:34 pm

We often have to make difficult decisions in life and PH can complicate our choices. What is the hardest decision you have recently had to make? It doesn’t have to be medically related but let us know if your health influenced your decision in any way.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • jimi-mcintosh

August 25, 2020 at 3:47 pm

`this has been a year for difficult decisions. 1) wearing a mask for extended periods of time, when breathing without it is difficult enough. 2) having eye surgery 3) robotic kidney surgery 5 weeks later. 4) whether or not to consider dialysis after complications. I came to realize that I am so desperate for normalcy,
    that I am willing to
    Take on more risk. Therapist here I come,now that I can See enough to
    Drive myself

• jen-cueva

August 26, 2020 at 12:37 pm

Oh @jimi, you have been through so much this year! How are you recovering thus far? I am happy that you can drive now with your new eyes. So many are in line to see a therapist this year.

An older friend of mine just called me and talked about her having anxiety and depression, and that has never been an issue for her. She also works in the general public as a produce manager. She took a month off for medical leave, but that did not help.

Take care, Jimi!

• Colleen

August 26, 2020 at 4:37 pm

@jimi you have really been through the ringer, as they say. I can tell that you make a great effort to stay positive but when you tally up all that you have been through this year alone, it must be hard. I’m sure there is a bright side to being able to drive and have that independence again. As you know, I sympathize on a personal level with your kidney struggles. Are you still deciding on dialysis or have you made a decision? My son always tells people that you never appreciate the value of normalcy until it is taken from you!

• jen-cueva

August 28, 2020 at 11:40 am

I think this week, the hardest decision was if we evacuate ahead of Hurricane Laura or not. My anxiety was through the rough on Wednesday night, as @colleensteele knows, hehe. Thankfully my doctor allowed me to take my Ativan as needed for a bit longer.

We had a generator, meds, food, etc. and decided to stay when it turned a bit east. Thank God we were spared. But, it was a little too close for comfort for me. I am certainly counting my blessings even more.

• Colleen

August 28, 2020 at 2:08 pm

@jenc I have never been in the situation where I’ve had to decide whether to evacuate my home or not. I can’t imagine how hard a choice that would be. It sounds like you and your hubby took all the necessary precautions and were ready if it turned out you had to leave. I’m glad that you didn’t have to!

• jen-cueva

September 30, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Hi @jimi, I am checking in with you to see how things are going. You have been on my mind. Do you see any improvements? Let us know how we can best support you.