Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

Pets can have such a positive  effect on our mental health. We tend to rely on them as much as they rely on us. When we say that PH effects the entire family, I believe this includes our furry members. They can be a source of great comfort to us throughout the ups and downs of PH but they also need to be protected from the disease.

How do you protect your pets and medical supplies from each other? I wrote about this in my recent column, “Pets and PH: Furry Friends are Family Too“.

Susi Steppins
      Participant

Really great article @colleensteele.
      Your pets are all adorable and your cat looks like it rules the place.
      We have had a couple of mishaps with Oliver, our dog.
      But he is very smart and you can tell he just knows, as you said.
      Life wouldn’t be the same without him.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@s-steppins it really is remarkable how much animals can be in tune to our emotions and even our health.

I love the name Oliver by the way. What breed is he?

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Awesome column., @colleensteele. I cannot imagine the line as Sasha gets tangled in my oxygen sometimes. Most often, when I am getting back home after going to the labs, etc. She is just happy to see me and wanting kisses.

Your descriptions are on a point, and the added pics help, too. I thought of the movie, The Secret Life of Pets, lol.

Most of you know that we have Sasha, our mini schnauzer. She is a part of the family, for sure. She comforts me and takes naps when I do. She certainly picks up on my bad days. So, she is taken care of very well, spoiled, I must say. I bet yours are , too.

@s-steppins
      , I am happy to hear about your Oliver. Is that like Oliver Twist? I agree; IDK how my days would be without her. When she is at the vet or groomer with Manny, I feel like the place too quiet.

Carol Volckmann
      Participant

Great topic Colleen. We know how important our fur children are in our lives. They offer unconditional love, emotional support and we make sure they are well cared for and loved helps us focus on their needs which in turn helps us turn our focus away from our issues.

I think I have been very aware of how careful we have to be with our meds and our equipment. Your story of Rosie especially gave me the chills. I do try to be really careful with my central line with our Golden Retriever, Spirit. Fortunately Spirit is one very Mello but you have heightened my awareness to be extra careful.

Thank you for a great article!

Colleen Steele
        Keymaster

@jenc I also love the name Sasha. She sounds like such a sweetheart! I’m so glad you have her.

@cdvol3gmail-com
        we adopted Rosie about a month before Cullen was diagnosed with PH. We were pretty adapting to a puppy and Cullen’s central line at the same time. And Cullen was only 8 at the time so of course he was thinking when he got out of bed in the morning and didn’t have his line tucked in, that the dog might get caught up in it. I had nightmares about it for a long time.

I’ve never had a Golden Retriever but have always wanted one. We also had a senior dog Daisy when Cullen got his central line. She was a beagle/border collie mix. The combination of age and collie in her made her instantaneously intuitive and protective of Cullen when he came home with the central line. Never had a problem with her.

Jen Cueva
          Keymaster

Thanks, @colleensteele; Sasha is a lifesaver. I don’t know what I would do without her all day.

Currently, with all of the rain, she is cuddled up under my comfy blanket, napping as I type.

This is one of the warm and fuzzy feel posts. I feel the love that each share bout our fur babies.

What about any other pets? Does any of our members have any exotic pets or pets that are not cats or dogs? Manny had an iguana a little while; I was not a fan.

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

So true, @cdvol3gmail-com; our fur babies are our children. They certainly know when one is not feeling well.

Reminding us to take excellent care of them is important. We must offer them the care so that we can enjoy them longer.

The central line is certainly one that you would not want Spirit to intertwine with. My oxygen is enough with Sasha. She almost chokes me, trying to say hi when I walk in the door.

Being aware of these mishaps is important.

Carol Volckmann
      Participant

It warms my heart Colleen that Cullen and your family have filled your home with fur children. It always amazes me how they become so tuned into us and our needs as Sasha does with Jen. We are very blessed. Enjoy your weekend 😊🐶

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account