• What Was Your First PH Treatment ?

Posted by jen-cueva on May 17, 2021 at 1:26 pm

Thinking back, what was the first PH treatment that you or your loved one was started on? How did that go? Are you still on its treatment? If so, is this part of dual or triple therapy? What other treatments are you taking with the initial treatment?

If you are no longer on this treatment, why or why not? Was it disease progression, lung transplant, or improvements?

Caregivers, this is also for you, too.

Please think about this and let’s talk about this.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 3 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

January 13, 2023 at 1:22 pm

My first treatment was a Calcium Channel Blocker (CCB), which caused my heart to race even faster. It wasn’t helping, either. Then I was started on sildenafil, the generic, three times per day. That was almost 18 years ago. Oxygen is also considered a treatment; I’ve been on it for nearly 18 years.

Thankfully each time I needed to add to my treatment plan, a new oral pill was an option or about to be FDA-approved. Through the years, I’ve been on most of the older oral treatments; Opsumit, Adcirca, Letairis, and Orenitram are what I can recall now.

Now, I’m on a combo of Uptravi and Revatio plus the three diuretics and other medications for symptom management.

Let’s hear it, y’all; what were the first PH treatments? Are you still on that today?