Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What would the title be if your life was a movie?

• What would the title be if your life was a movie?

Posted by jen-cueva on February 12, 2024 at 11:29 am

It’s awards season in the entertainment world. Amidst the excitement, a colleague posed a captivating question that got us thinking.

Life with PH is far from ordinary – my husband and I often joke about our experiences, envisioning them as scenes from a sci-fi flick. But here’s the twist: depending on the day, the genre could change!

So, what would be the title if your life were a movie? Would it be a drama, comedy, horror, or sci-fi? Let’s dive into this and have some fun.

jen-cueva replied 2 months, 1 week ago 8 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Randolph Reynolds

February 13, 2024 at 8:39 am

Since I just published a book the title of which is “An Old Man’s Dreams of Glory” that would be a good caption at this stage of my life. However, the management of my PAH has shifted to a new aspect and that is for the first time since I went on full time supplemental oxygen, I have experienced periods of shortness of breath. This is comes about two week after I had many nose bleeds. It is unnerving. I have to stop if I’m walking and breathe deeply then I’m ok. My palative care doctor suggests I am anemic. Don’t suppose anyone else with CETPH has experienced that?

What that has to do with my life as a movie I can’t say but dreams of glory, something I’ve had all my life, should overcome it.

• jen-cueva

February 13, 2024 at 1:41 pm

Hi,@Randolph Reynolds. I’m so sorry about the new symptoms you are experiencing. It could be anemia. Will they check your labs? I love your book title, which would make a wonderful movie title.

“An Old Man’s Dreams of Glory,” your explanation is great! We shall overcome it! Thanks for sharing, Randy, and let us know if they check your labs for anemia or if this continues to be an issue.

Many hugs and blessings are coming your way, buddy!

• Steve Sallee

February 13, 2024 at 2:12 pm

The man with nine lives

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:42 am

Yes, I love that, and so fitting for you, @Steve Sallee! How are you doing this week? Are you keeping busy?

• Steve Sallee

February 15, 2024 at 4:08 pm

Keeping busy. Getting ready to secure a loan for a metal building for a workshop on my property. Wanna build another race car. This time a gasser with an altered wheel base so I can pull the front wheels off the ground to show off to the crowd at the track.

• jen-cueva

February 16, 2024 at 11:27 am

Hi, @Steve Sallee; that sounds like a blast! My dad has two metal shops on his property; he’s always worked and been a gearhead. His shops are his livelihood. So, I know how important this can be for you.

We can now add images on posts using that camera icon at the bottom left hand corner of you are typing. I am excited to see some updates in the shop and then the stages of building your racecar. Oh how I woiuld love to be in that crod at the track when iot’s completed. So cool, Steve!

Thanks so mcuh for sharing, enjoy your weekend, Steve!

• Hilda

February 13, 2024 at 2:36 pm

PHENOMENAL JOURNEY.: I had everything in life, profession, income, prestige, friends, family. I got sick, then sicker, everything is erase but now my heart is full of gratitude, kindness, love, spiritual peace, I think that I am richer now, I am living my real journey, my truth, my humanity, yes I am financially in hardship but what I have in my heart, is really phenomenal ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Hilda

February 13, 2024 at 6:22 pm

Title: unselfish kneeling!!!

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:46 am

Hi @Hilda, I appreciate your optimism. Your title and explanation explain how many of us feel. Did it take some time to get to this point after your PH diagnosis? Or have you always had this level of optimism?

Unselfish kneeling, would you like to elaborate on that? That sounds like it would already be a movie title!🤗

• Hilda

February 15, 2024 at 5:29 pm

Thanks for your time and kindness. Chronic illness teach you dignity, perseverance. You develop a dynamic relationship with yourself and your environment in which silently listening to your thoughts and emotions. This dynamic shape your motivations to become a better person and practice gratitude, unselfish kneeling. Thanks again, bear hugs , hildi

• jen-cueva

February 16, 2024 at 11:22 am

Well said, or written, shall I say, @Hilda? It certainly does make us all want to be a better person. But unfortunately, when I am feeling my worst, I am not so kind and friendly. I want to be inside dealing with whatever is exacerbated at the time alone, except for my hubby.

But my hubby makes me feel so secure, and I can rest better if he’s here with his hand on mine as I nap. I don’t want others to see me in that state, especially if it’s more SOB or an increase in my chronic pain. Does that make sense? Does anyone else relate to similar feelings?

• Cris Dingman

February 13, 2024 at 2:43 pm

The title for my life would be “The (Brain) Fog”. Where seemingly simple tasks and chores turn into nightmare scenarios of being short of breath, forgetting where you put your keys, cancelling plans at the last minute, etc.. I could say I would win a “Best Actress” award for my performance most days, but sadly, I would not even be acting!

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:48 am

Yes, so relatable, @Cris Dingman ! Like you, the unfortunate part is we are not acting. It’s our life now with PH and any coexisting conditions. The Fog is my brain on the daily!

🤗

• Barbara Thompson

February 13, 2024 at 4:04 pm

It’d be a drama named “The Zebra Lady”. It’s take the audience through our wedding business then the 2 years of being bedridden & to 14 doctors prior to a diagnosis. Now we raise awareness!!

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:51 am

Well, what else would you title your movie, @Barbara Thompson? Of course, as you are known as The Zebra Lady? I love how it would begin with you and Chuck working hard with the wedding business, bedridden, and many doctors. An excellent way to raise awareness in Barb fashion!🦓

• Phyllis Kuehn

February 13, 2024 at 6:16 pm

Mirage in the Bad Lands.

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:54 am

Hi @Phyllis Kuehn, would Mirage in the Badlands be a thriller? It sounds like a thriller, but PH can sometimes be a thriller. Right?

Thanks for sharing; these are some excellent titles, you all!

• DeLois Tweedy

February 14, 2024 at 12:50 pm

Mine would be a drama, a bitter-sweet story of my life. Maybe a bit of comedy, as I hope I can laugh everyday; even on the bad days, I try to find something simple to smile about.

I would title my movie “Today I Will Choose Joy” (that’s my motto).

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2024 at 11:57 am

Hi @DeLois Tweedy, this is so you! Like The Zebra Lady, your title would be your theme with PH. Yes, some days or minutes can be comical with PH. Today, I Choose Joy is inspiring and can remind us to laugh between challenging days. 🤗