Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures What’s Coming up on Your Medical Calendar?

• What’s Coming up on Your Medical Calendar?

Posted by jen-cueva on January 12, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Now that we are almost midway through January, I am certain many of us have had or have scheduled with the next few weeks. The worst part for me at the first of the year, I pay much more out of pocket for all of these procedures and appointments. I am sure many of you deal with this, too. I always try and fit all I can before Jan.1 to help set some of the costs off.

That being said, I have had telehealth appointments ongoing since discharge. Last week was 2, this week 3, next only 1, I hope.

At the end of the month( I want to say 1/29), we have to go back to the med center for a CT scan and Echo. My doctor needs this before we transition my meds if we can.

What’s on your calendar? How can we best support you with these appointments?

carol-keilty replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • carol-keilty

January 14, 2021 at 12:28 pm

I feel bad that in you country you have to pay for your medical help. He in Canada we don’t have to pay except for our prescriptions which is good because I wouldn’t be able to afford the tests and all the appointments I have had in my life time. I also pay for my oxygen concentrator but I am hoping if I need to use it more often that I can get help to get a portable one. It’s too bad that you pay so much just to try to keep going on your way. Hope all turns out well for you. Carol

• jen-cueva

January 15, 2021 at 6:39 pm

Hi, @carol, I appreciate your support. Yes, the tests and hospitalizations add up quickly, I must say.

I did not realize that Canadians pay for your medications and oxygen, etc. I assumed that it was considered healthcare. Thanks for educating me.

Have you checked into the portable oxygen (POC) machines as far as pricing, etc.? How many liters do you use? That may impact the type of POC you purchase. Keep that in mind. We are here and will support you along this journey. I am happy that you found us.

• carol-keilty

January 16, 2021 at 12:55 am

Thank you Jen for getting back to me. Yes I have checked out the price of the portable machines and they are expensive. I will be 65 this year so I am hoping that I can maybe get help from the government. I still have to see the doctor to see if he thinks it would make it easier for me to go for walks and make me feel more comfortable. We get help with prescriptions now that I am at the age I am but before that we pay for all our meds. and that get expensive for sure. I can’t sleep tonight so it is 2:55 here right now. I think it’s one those things we gals have as we get older it gets worse. I hate it because I know it is so darned important to sleep. Yes I am glade I found this forum too. Carol