Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What’s On Your Bucket List?

• Jimi Mcintosh

August 13, 2019 at 8:47 pm

I am going to try the “keto” veg protein diet, trying to lose 20 lbs.

I plan on getting back to walking a block and as the weather cools, hope to get to a mile by October.

• Brittany Foster

August 14, 2019 at 8:57 am

That’s a great goal Jimi! I would love to hear of your progress with that. I know you will be able to reach it. Have you talked with your care team about the diet that you are trying out? It seems like you are on the way to taking positive steps for your health and wanting to do all you can! With that determination you can make it happen 🙂

• Colleen

August 14, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I’m trying the Keto diet too Jimi. Let me know if you try any good recipes. The Fall is such a great time to get time walking. As you mentioned, the weather is cooler and the scenery is often beautiful too. Enjoy!

• Colleen

October 16, 2020 at 12:12 pm

It’s probably become increasingly difficult to check things off your list due to the pandemic but I thought it would be fun to re-visit this topic anyway.

What are some things on your bucket list that you wouldn’t mind sharing with us? Despite this crazy year, did you manage to accomplish any of them? Is there something that you are hoping to check off in the near future and if so, how are you going to make it happen?

• jen-cueva

October 16, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Hey @colleensteele, this is a great one to revisit! So did you and @jimi either one start the keto diet? I am unable to do it because of the high amount of protein and my kidneys. But, I do try and eat healthier most days. This year, it has not been as healthy as others; I wonder why.

One of my bucket list items planned for 2020 was to visit Niagara Falls, and I have a PHriend who I have known for 10 plus years that we planned to meet. AS y’all can guess, that was postponed.

I also plan to be a bit more active, so I think that my Ebike will help with that. Sadly, this week my hubby has been sick, so no ride yet. Another goal is to win the lottery, but I guess I will never win that, but since I do not play, hehe.

Being a part of finding a cure for PH is always on my bucket list.

• Jimi Mcintosh

October 21, 2020 at 10:42 pm

Had to drop the keto diet because of kidney issues, postponed several trips due to surgeries and COVID. Waiting to see if cataract surgery will be done in 2020. Stent surgery wasn’t successful and kidneys still lingering at 4-5, pain is fierce.
    Still alive, looking forward to 2021

• jen-cueva

October 22, 2020 at 10:08 am

Oh no, @jimi, I am sorry about the postponing so many trips. 2020 certainly has been one that we all will never forget. Yes, keto is rough on the kidneys, especially if you are already working with CKD. I am sorry to hear about the “force” pain. Have you not found anything to offer relief? Is the pain related to your kidneys or something else?

Despite the struggles, you always are so grateful. I love that. We all need to remind ourselves that we are living, so it is a good day.

I am hoping and praying that 2021 will be a better year for us all. Take care, buddy.

• Colleen

October 22, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Agh! @jimi I’m so sorry! I really hate to hear that you are in so much pain. Is there not anything your doctors can do to help you with it? I wish I could find the words to offer you comfort. This darn year has been awful all around. Forget the bucket list, I just want you to feel better in 2021! Please keep us updated. Like Jen mentioned, no matter what, you maintain a grateful heart. That being said, we are here for you ANY time you need to vent!