Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What’s one thing you can let go of today?

• JT

January 18, 2024 at 4:18 pm

To let go of trying to be understood..through Grace.

• jen-cueva

January 19, 2024 at 4:06 pm

Hi @JT, would you care to elaborate a bit more on this? Is this mostly related to PH or your relationships in general?

It’s often a challenge to communicate our emotions, but for me, the first step is acknowledging our feelings and allowing ourselves to feel each emotion. Sometimes, this means sleeping on it or waiting until we are in a better headspace.

• DeLois Tweedy

January 19, 2024 at 6:57 am

I like the answer “trying to be understood”. I have struggled with this issue many times, and hope I can truly “let it go”. Whether it’s having to stop because of shortness of breath, just taking a day off from tasks/projects, stopping to rest during tasks, or feeling guilty for riding the elec cart in the store, I know why and I want to let go of worrying about what others think.

• jen-cueva

January 19, 2024 at 4:14 pm

Hi, @DeLois Tweedy; yes, letting go of what others think is something I continue to struggle with, too. However, I’m finding that age helps. But it’s always something I need to work on.

It seems like you are feeling guilty, as we often do. That, too, is a constant battle. Just last night I was exhausted so I didn’t make dinner. My thoughtful hubby was pleased and went to pick up something we could eat. I apologized so much and felt guilty. But we both agreed the plan worked, and there were no dishes to wash either. So, the short version is to do what works best for you. Some days, that may mean no cleaning or cooking, etc. Be OK with that.

We can work on this together this year! 🤗

• Cris Dingman

January 23, 2024 at 3:04 pm

lol, it was icy this morning, and overcast and cold so my RA is not happy. Therefore, I woke up and promptly let go of any productive plans for today! I will channel Scarlet O’Hara and say that tomorrow is another day. (Keeping with the movie theme).

• jen-cueva

January 23, 2024 at 3:38 pm

Hehe, @Cris Dingman, I LOVE this! My theme was letting go of being productive yesterday, as it was a wet and messy day in San Diego. In your honor, I’m going to borrow your movie theme.

Today, I let go of not going to the grocery store. By the end of the month, I’ll be good at this “letting go” stuff. Hehe.