Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition What Are Your Easter Plans? Share Your Favorite Easter Foods.

• What Are Your Easter Plans? Share Your Favorite Easter Foods.

Posted by jen-cueva on April 11, 2022 at 12:45 pm

Easter is Sunday, and many of us will be celebrating somehow. Usually, we have ham, potato salad, and other sides, depending on who is around. But my favorites, even as a child were the desserts- let’s not forget that Easter basket candy.

I’m not sure yet what we are doing this year. It’s just Manny and me, and we may have our neighbors over unless they are busy, so we are all waiting to decide mid-week.

What are your Easter plans? What will be on your plate? Share some of your favorite Easter dishes.

jen-cueva replied 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • jen-cueva

April 13, 2022 at 3:24 pm

So, No one here is celebrating Easter this year? It must have been the “ham” word. Yeah- I know, it’s high in sodium, but it’s something I eat in moderation when we do have it. Manny may decide to BBQ but is still undecided, so let’s hear your plans?

• Colleen

April 14, 2022 at 11:03 pm

Hey Jen, I’m not a big fan of ham but my guys love it so we will be having it for Easter. I still put together Easter baskets for Brian and the boys. I really love doing things like that so they can expect to receive on for as long as I’m alive.

• jen-cueva

April 18, 2022 at 1:02 pm

Hi @colleensteele, thanks to you; Manny did end with an Easter basket. KK called yesterday on her way home from Florida and said she looked for her Easter basket and said, “that darn rabbit must have forgotten about me.” But I reminded her that she had been out of town for a week in Florida. He probably lost track. Hehe

I hope that you and the family enjoyed a relaxing Easter weekend.

• jen-cueva

April 15, 2022 at 12:34 pm

Hi @colleensteele, well, I’m not sure we will make the little ham I bought because our neighbors have a family member in the hospital, so they are busy with that. Since it’s just Manny and me, I think we may do something different this year. Who knows what they may be, hehe.

Is anyone having BBQ or something other than ham this weekend to celebrate Easter?

Colleen, I love that about your Easter baskets. This is the first year that I haven’t made any baskets. But I may run out soon and see if I can get a few things to do for Manny with all the candy I like. My late grandmother always had a large family basket of Easter candy on her table for Easter dinner. She always had the best candy. Of course, she made us grandkids a small basket each, and our parents( aka Easter Bunny) did.

• Terry

April 15, 2022 at 8:27 pm

<b>PRAWNS , </b><i style=”font-weight: bold;”>PRAWNS </i>and more prawns.

The Boss and myself will be celebrating by ourselves as one daughter is on a six month holiday touring Asia and Europe , another getting their boat ready to go up to the Great Barrier Reef for winter and the third 2,000 klms away. So I went sailing yesterday ,Good Friday , and on the way home dropped into our local fish wholesaler , I’m the wholesailor he is the wholesaler,  to get our friday fresh snapper grilled ,chips and sea scollop for for tea. While waiting had a look at all the fresh seafoods ,boy China did us a favour putting an embargo on our seafood a yeR or so ago.  Rock Lobsters , Oysters , Mud Crabs , Moreton Bay Bugs AND different varieties of Prawns . Then all the fresh fishes.  Got to much for me so I bought a kilo of Ocean King Prawns . Mate a kilo of  Prawns for two oldies . I’m starting today ( Saturday ) with a prawns feast for lunch and Prawn salad for tea. Might let the boss have one on Sunday. Happy Easter .

• Colleen

April 15, 2022 at 10:40 pm

@terry now that is an Easter meal I would really enjoy! I’m not a big fan of ham but my guys love it so that is what we are having.

It sounds like you raised 3 very independent and adventurous kids. That is some really exciting destinations they are exploring.

Happy Easter to you and your wife.

• jen-cueva

April 18, 2022 at 12:59 pm

Oh wow, @terry, that sounds delicious! I’m a tad jealous of all of that fresh local seafood. But Manny did end up doing a spicy shrimp boil for us, which was much better than ham for me. I was a tad out of commission, so he did the cooking except for the garlic butter. (Shh- you didn’t read that part, hehe.)

Terry, your kids, sound even more adventurous than my daughter. I love that because I never traveled as much as I would have liked, especially abroad. I love the water since I practically grew up with my dad’s family on the water.

Thanks for sharing; now I’ll have to let Manny know he needs to step up his game. He’ll appreciate this coming from you, Mate.

• jen-cueva

March 30, 2023 at 2:48 pm

Hey, y’all, it’s almost Easter again. What is everyone planning to do on Easter weekend?

Do you have a favorite Easter candy? It can be currently or as a child. Peeps are everywhere and in a ton of flavors this year. Where are our Peep fans? My mom has always lived with them. I did way them as a kid but no longer care for them.

I like chocolate and sour jelly beans. Robin eggs are also a fave of mine.

• jen-cueva

April 6, 2023 at 2:39 pm

What’s everyone planning this Easter and Passover weekend? We have yet to decide. I have experienced exacerbated PH and CKD symptoms off/on for about a week. Today is some better, thank God.

My doctor ordered a Z-pak yesterday to start my nebulizer treatments as needed. If it’s not cleared by Monday, she wants me to get a chest x-ray and see if I need steroids. But I also feel like a cold is coming on with a bit of cough and congestion.

So, unless this all clears up fast, like by tomorrow afternoon, we will be spending a quiet Easter together (Manny, Zoe, and me). I may see if I can find a sunrise service for Easter morning. That would be nice near the beach.

Share your plans. Has anyone made any desserts or dyed Easter eggs with kids or grandkids this year? Each year those are the sweet, heartfelt memories I hold on to when my KK was little.

• jen-cueva

April 7, 2023 at 3:56 pm

Colleen and I wish y’all a special and relaxing Easter weekend. Make sure you spend time with loved ones if you can. Hopefully, you will find your favorite treats in your Easter basket.

Do something that makes you happy, and don’t forget to smile. 😀

We will be back Monday. Stay safe and well.

• jen-cueva

March 29, 2024 at 1:44 pm

Happy Easter to everyone from the PH News team! We hope to see @Colleen back with us soon when she’s ready. I know we’ve missed her, and she has missed you all, you!

Do you have any plans for Easter? Unfortunately, my daughter is out of town, and I am fighting off a cold. So, Manny and I plan to make the most of the expected rainy day on Easter. Let us know what you’re planning to do. If you’re not sure yet, feel free to share some of your childhood memories of Easter.