• Who Else Is Celebrating a Birthday in October?

Posted by jen-cueva on October 1, 2020 at 3:11 pm

October and the fall season has always been one of my favorites. Maybe this is because my birthday is in October. As a kid in school, I always remember when my mom would bring Halloween themed cupcakes and treat bags for my birthday.

Although I am now an adult, middle-aged, I would say I still look forward to October. Since my PH diagnosis, I have now been known to remind my family that October is my “birthday month.” Each new day is a gift, so each new year with PH is certainly a reason to celebrate.

Here in the forums, we want to celebrate your special birthday month with you. Each month, we will make a birthday post so that anyone who is celebrating that month can share it with us. Other members feel free to join in as we celebrate each member’s special “birthday month.”

So, who’s in? Who else is celebrating a birthday in October? This is a huge reason to celebrate; rather, you celebrate big or small.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 26 Replies
  • 26 Replies
  • Colleen

October 1, 2020 at 7:30 pm

@jenc no wonder why we are such good friends! Us Libra’s have to stick together. My birthday is on October 11th. What day is your birthday?

Fall is my favorite season and I love Halloween!

• sherry-davis

October 2, 2020 at 3:46 pm

My birthday is Oct 11 too

• jen-cueva

October 2, 2020 at 11:43 am

Oh no, I did not recall that was why you like the Fall season so much! Wow, Happy Birthday month to you, Colleen. I am a Scorpio. My birthday is on October 28. This is why my mom always brought Halloween and Fall themed cupcakes and treats.

This is so cool. I love that we both have birthdays in October.

Anyone else here celebrating their birthday this month? Let’s celebrate with you.

• jen-cueva

October 4, 2020 at 5:46 pm

That is ironic, @ja47646. You and Colleen are birthday twins! Happy birthday month to you. Will you do anything special to celebrate? Each year is a blessing, so celebrate you in some way, whatever makes you happy.

• Colleen

October 5, 2020 at 6:32 pm

Hey birthday buddy, @ja47646! How will you be celebrating you on the 11th? I save my Fall decorating for then. I’ll go buy my mums and sit out on my porch after I make it all cozy with the colors of Autumn. Other than that, it will be a quiet day and I’m ok with that.

aww @jen we still love you even though you are a Scorpio…LOL, just joking. I might be biased but I think Fall is the BEST time to have your birthday for a number of reasons, but especially because of the yummy treats it provides.

• sherry-davis

October 5, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Probably laying low and relaxing for my birthday. I’m feeling pretty rough titrating a ph med. I would really like to eat some high salt food!!!
    Have a fun birthday!

• jen-cueva

October 6, 2020 at 10:18 am

LOL, @colleensteele, yes, I am a Scorpio, but I still love you, too. I love that you start your Fall decor on your birthday. So, will these be real live mums? I love the fall colors in those. That sounds relaxing for me.

@ja47646, are you titrating on Uptravi? Oh yes, a little yummy, something on your birthday is a treat! I tend to agree with Colleen; fall birthdays are great because of all of the goodies. Does either of you have a specific dessert that you have each year to celebrate? Or, do you change it up? Now, I am getting hungry, hehe.

• janet-blumenshine

October 6, 2020 at 4:06 pm

My birthday is Oct 18th. My husband and I will celebrate by having pizza (I know!!) at our favorite pizza place which we have been going to for the last 60 years for my birthday. Yes, they are still in business. We will have to have take out though. Keep celebrating.

• Colleen

October 6, 2020 at 4:33 pm

I sympathize with your titration symptoms @ja47646. It was always hard watching my son go through that. Praying you get past it soon and that the dosage changes end up helping.

My birthday will be low key too and I’m OK with that. I’ll be thinking of you. Maybe on your birthday you can treat yourself to a small snack size bag of pretzels or something? Ooh, but please don’t do that if your doctor is adamant about no salt. I don’t want to be a bad influence.

• Colleen

October 6, 2020 at 4:36 pm

@jenc would you believe I am the only one in my house who enjoys birthday cake? Our supermarket actually makes nice ones. Last year I got a beautiful cake decorated with Fall colors. I think I like the treat decorations even more than what they taste like. However, I do prefer buttercream frosting and not fond of whipped. Anyone else?

• Colleen

October 6, 2020 at 4:38 pm

@jblum I love traditions like that! How wonderful that your favorite place has stayed open for so long. Is it privately owned and have they come to know you there? Enjoy! I wish you a happy year ahead!

• janet-blumenshine

October 7, 2020 at 9:08 am

Colleen…The original owners were an Italian couple who have since passed away. The children took it over but one of them have also died. I’m not sure who owns it now but the pizza recipe is the same! It is a tiny unassuming place but with great food. Made myself a cake yesterday but like it without frosting. Hubby doesn’t eat cake so I have it all to myself. Pizza and cake…it is our birthday month, isn’t it? All stay well in these unusual times

• jen-cueva

October 7, 2020 at 10:01 am

@jblum, Happy Birthday month to you, too! I love that you can continue with this tradition. It is barely 10 AM my time, and I am now craving pizza, hehe.

You know, I often find the small hole in the wall, family joints. Pizza and cake, my kind of birthday month, hehe. Too bad that did not like pizza; you could have that to yourself, too. 😀

Enjoy, and wishing you many many more.

• jen-cueva

October 7, 2020 at 10:07 am

OMG, they do not like birthday cake? That just means more for you, hehe.

I want to buy a mini birthday cake when I am craving cake, especially if we have not had one in a while. I tend to pick at the cake for days, having a bite every time I walk in the kitchen. Do you get yourself a mini birthday cake or the small one?

I am with you. I like the buttercream, sugar-loaded frosting. The whipped topping does not taste like a birthday cake to me. I prefer white or yellow cake because I am not a huge fan of chocolate cake. My hubby is the opposite; he likes death by chocolate. Have y’all had that cake before?

• roxanne-giustini

October 8, 2020 at 3:44 pm

I am an October baby too! October 19th I will be 43. Definitely a good month to celebrate…cooler weather, colored leaves, spooky movies to snuggle up and watch. Every birthday is a VICTORY!! So congratulations to all of us!

• Colleen

October 8, 2020 at 6:24 pm

Yes @rgiustin…every birthday is a beautiful victory! Since Autumn is my favorite season for all the reasons you mentioned, I feel like I’m celebrating my birthday all month long!

• jen-cueva

October 9, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi @rgiustin, Happy birthday month to you, too! I do agree that every year is a victory and cause for celebration. Do you have any plans? As I mentioned, I celebrate all month long. Some years, it is almost all season long, hehe.

@colleensteele, yes, might as well celebrate all season long. Each of you is a special gift that I am fortunate to know. Party all you want, you deserve it! Although, like everything else, this year will be a bit different.

• roxanne-giustini

October 9, 2020 at 1:57 pm

@jenc @colleensteele In my family it’s your birthday all week long. I can never decide if it’s the week leading up to my birthday or the week after, so I figure just celebrate for two full weeks! Normally we get together with family because my little sister’s birthday is October 14th. Obviously that’s not going to work this year, so we’re going to do zoom call on her birthday so we can all see each other. As for me I’m not real big on sweets but think I’m going to make some ooey gooey blondies to celebrate this year! Everything in moderation!

• jen-cueva

October 9, 2020 at 2:55 pm

@rgiustin, here it is all month, hehe. I think, even more, celebrating all month would decrease any confusion.

Yes, this year will be different. My hubby and I thought of going out of town a few hours away bit IDK. It is so still in the air.

Yummy, blondies, and gooey ones sound yummy, enjoy. Moderation is the keyword here, LOL.

• Colleen

October 9, 2020 at 3:45 pm

@rgiustin that is so funny because it is the same deal in our house – we celebrate all week long. The person decides what’s for dinner, had control of the remote and gets pampered. Hmmm…I wasn’t feeling it this week so I guess mine goes into next week. LOL!

• jen-cueva

October 12, 2020 at 8:48 am

I hope that @colleensteele and @ja47646 both had a nice celebration yesterday to celebrate another year! Each year truly is a gift. Let’s hear about any cake, good food, or anything that y’all may want to share about how you spent your special day. Did y’all notice I asked about cake first-hehe?

• sherry-davis

October 12, 2020 at 8:52 am

I had the best birthday in years! My sons bought me a houseful of yellow flowers and an ice cream birthday cake. I’m getting a new Siamese kitten! Thoroughly enjoyed it all!

• jen-cueva

October 12, 2020 at 1:22 pm

Hi @ja47646, that sounds beautiful! I am so happy that you have an amazing birthday. It sounds like you are well-loved by your sons. Yummy, an ice cream cake sounds good, too.

Then, a new Siamese kitten, too! I cannot wait to hear more about this new fur baby! Enjoy the beautiful yellow flowers all week.

• Colleen

October 12, 2020 at 5:26 pm

Aww @ja47646 I am so happy to hear that you had such a special birthday! I want to hear more about your kitten when you get it and the name you choose! I had a very nice birthday too. We picked up dinner from our favorite Italian restaurant and my birthday cake was delicious! It rained…hard, which I enjoyed! Often in the Seattle area the rain is gloomy and misty. I enjoy a nice down pour and that is what we had. The sound of it was so relaxing. The best part was it inspired the ducks from the pond around the corner to come waddling up our street. I loved that!

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2020 at 1:57 pm

I love the story that you share about your birthday, @colleensteele. I love the pics that I saw, and the cake looked so yummy. I bet the Italian food was too. Do you have a favorite Italian dish? I have too many, LOL.

As I read about the rain pouring down, I expected a nap to come after that. But the ducks are a cute surprise. I love that!

Page 1 of 2