Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation Working Towards Improving Transplant Outcomes

• Brittany Foster

July 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm

This must be a real worry for your family and your son. How does he manage the worry around rejection after transplant? I know it must not be easy on any of you. I’m so glad that science even has these advances in early detection so that he can be monitored well! This is such good information to know, especially for those that have received transplants or those that are in the process of being evaluated. Anything that can help with early detection is so crucial !

• Colleen

July 11, 2019 at 4:29 pm

Brittany, my son technically is in rejection that is not reversible but it has been kept from progressing. He is doing very well and not symptomatic. We just have to keep a close eye on him so it requires continued medical appointments and tests. His doctors have actually learned a lot in treating him post transplant that will hopefully help others in the future.

• Brittany Foster

July 11, 2019 at 4:51 pm

That’s so important and it something that has always motivated me to keep pushing forward. Today during my appointment for my j tube check, despite how painful things have been I really wanted to get it taken out and just force myself to do g tube feeds even though I know it wouldn’t go well for me because of my gastroparesis. Well, I had to stop and look around at all the kiddos around me in the waiting room who I know aren’t given much of a choice in this life and it reminded me that I could keep pushing forward for them so that one day hopefully they wouldn’t have to go through all of this and that doctors can know that damage done when waiting too long to fix a problem. It was very eye opening for me and was a huge revelation.