Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health What Songs Are Most Meaningful To You?

• What Songs Are Most Meaningful To You?

Posted by Colleen on March 18, 2022 at 6:39 pm

When my son was diagnosed with PH I didn’t think I would ever be able to enjoy anything every again – thank includes listening to music. But the exact opposite happened, music became more important to me than ever.

In my column this week I share how music has been there for my family through good times and the really bad. Music to me is a mood, a memory and inspires hope for the future.

Is music something that is important to you? What song(S) are most meaningful to you?

Here is the link to my column: The Day The Music Lived

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

March 21, 2022 at 3:39 pm

I love this piece, @colleensteele! Music, for me, is such a mood booster. I’ve been in the hospital and out of it, and my family and friends will play music and say that I sing along. I know one song, my husband, Manny, always plays me, is, Everything I do, I do it for you, by Bryan Adam. That’s our wedding song, and he says it often will cause some reaction.

Many songs have been my go-to when I need a boost. This is why music is so helpful when we need it the most. I love that Cullen did not allow the music to die, nor did you. Who knew that movie would inspire hope and freedom? LOL Thanks for sharing.

• Colleen

March 21, 2022 at 3:43 pm

@jenc that is a PERFECT song for you and Manny! Now I will always think of the two of you when I hear it.

• jen-cueva

March 21, 2022 at 6:27 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele; he certainly holds up his end of that song; that’s a given. Music can be therapeutic in many ways.