• 30 Days of PH 2021

Posted by Colleen on October 1, 2021 at 7:57 pm

In recognition of PH Awareness Month in November I am overseeing a project called 30 Days of PH. This is something Jen Cueva started for us two years ago. It’s an opportunity to highlight different voices within our community. Contributions are all voluntary, but keep in mind that we’re only looking for short posts (No more than 400 words).

You can check out last year’s archives here. https://pulmonaryhypertensionnews.com/tag/30-days-of-ph/

The goal is to feature a person with PH (or family member or partner to someone with PH) every day in November. This is a space for you to write about your experience with a particular topic, experience, or theme; and how PH has influenced that. This is a reflection on your experiences.

At the end of November our goal is to have a collection of different approaches to different facets of life with PH, that could (hopefully) reach and help manifest an optimism or empowerment for readers. The way you wish to wield and share that experience is up to you.

Regarding a topic, is there anything in particular you’d like to write about? Some suggestions are: independence and PH, family life, employment and PH, managing care, etc. Let me know if any of those sound interesting, or if you have your own ideas. Feel free to scroll through last year’s archives for inspiration.

The stories will be published throughout November but I am hoping to have them scheduled by the end of October. If you are interested in participating please contact me at [email protected] I will then provide you with more information and guidance.

Dianna replied 2 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 4, 2021 at 12:33 pm

This is so exciting, @colleensteele! I look forward to the stories each year come November.

Thank you for doing such a PHenomenal job with this last year. You bring so many perspectives to this project.

I hope that many of our forum members will want to participate. It is simple and offers a time to share your PH journey.

• Colleen

October 11, 2021 at 7:13 pm

Hey everyone! Nudge-nudge…don’t forget about 30 Days of PH. We have so many awesome members who share within the forums on a regular basis. I hope several of you will reach out to me and offer to participate in this project. The PH community could really benefit from hearing part of your story.

Former participants, please take a moment to comment on why you shared your PH journey through 30 Days of PH and what it meant to you.

If interested, please comment here, send me a direct message or email me at [email protected]

• jen-cueva

October 12, 2021 at 11:11 am

Hi @colleensteele, I, too, am hoping that several of our members will want to participate. Not to call anyone out, but what about you, @s-steppins, @mainegal, and @cdvol3gmail-com? I know each of you often participates and will enjoy sharing your experiences with PH.

I worked on this project the first year that we had it, and I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone. Each person who participated was extraordinarily generous and commented how they hoped to inspire and remind others in the PH community that they are not alone.

This project is always something that we here at PH News are incredibly proud of, and Colleen has done a fantastic job at leading this each November.

So, who wants to participate? Let’s share our stories.

• Carol Volckmann

October 12, 2021 at 8:05 pm

Hey Jen and Colleen, I did write up something and sent it to Colleen. Use it if you want, edit it or? I think your topic is great. Thank you both for being such great supporters. Love to you both!

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2021 at 9:00 am

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, my apologies if we both called you out. I knew that you could write an interesting little story with your vast experience with PH, scleroderma, and now an ostomy surgery.

I am confident that once @colleensteele sees it, she will let you know if anything else is needed. Thanks for all of your encouraging posts for us all here in the forums, sweet lady.

@wheeldog, and @catbrown, this is the topic I am referring to for the short 30 days of PH stories.

We are both here to answer any questions and help anyone if needed. We have the best forum members, and I think we need to let others get to know y’all a little, too.

• Colleen

October 13, 2021 at 4:20 pm

I’m so excited that so far @cdvol3gmail-com and @mainegal have offered to participate in “30 Days of PH”! I emailed both you ladies back so check it when you have the chance.

That leaves 28 more spots available so please consider it! Everyone who has participated over the past 2 years found that sharing their story in this form was very rewarding.

Please let me know if you are interested!

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2021 at 5:06 pm

Thanks, ladies, @cdvol3gmail-com, and @mainegal. I also think that @wheeldog is interested, @colleensteele. I look forward each year to this event. It is such an emotional experience to watch take-off and the excitement each participant has to share their unique perspective.

• Colleen

October 14, 2021 at 7:19 pm

Yes, @wheeldog has contacted me and would like to participate. As we know, there appears to be more woman then men diagnosed with PH so it’s very valuable for men to share their PH stories. Would any of our other male PH members, whether patients or caregivers, like to participate?

• Colleen

October 15, 2021 at 8:47 pm

@aburle @scollin @s-steppins @rgiustin and @Terry I sent you all a direct message. Please take a look at it when you get the chance. Thank you!

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2021 at 8:38 am

Thanks to everyone for participating in this initiative. This is one of my favorite things during PH awareness month. I look forward to reading everyone’s story.

Thank you, @colleensteele, for leading this project once again. You did a fantastic job last year.

• Colleen

October 26, 2021 at 1:02 pm

Several of our forum members are participating in the “30 Days of PH” project. The stories being turned in are touching, inspirational and informative. Thank you all!

@s-steppins and @wheeldog we need high resolution pictures so I’m afraid I will need you both to submit new ones if you can. Perhaps you have someone who can take a picture(s) of you with their cell and send it to me? Also, checking-in on how the stories are coming along. The deadline is the 28th but I can allow more time if you need it. Thank you both!

If you haven’t contacted me about participating and think you might be interested please direct message me your email address and I will contact you. I can move the deadline out further if you need it as well.

• Susi Steppins

October 26, 2021 at 1:34 pm

Hi @colleensteele

I will get finish what you asked me to tomorrow morning.

The grandkids come a bit later on Wednesday so I will have some time.

By the time they go home in the afternoon I am usually pretty exhausted. It’s all I can do to make dinner and take a shower.

Thanks for the reminder.

• Dianna

October 26, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Hi my name is Dianna, I had PAH before heart surgery and after surgery. I questioned why I was not on any medication but I googled it and found out I’m actually on 2 medication, I had to have my mitral valve replaced,I’ve had PAH FOR 13 YRS now and I’m on oxygen 2liters 24/7 I have a wonderful pulmmonalist and a cardiologist. I have known my cardiologist for over 16 years!! Well Thank you Dianna