Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy 30 Days of PH Awareness Project

• 30 Days of PH Awareness Project

Posted by jen-cueva on October 8, 2019 at 3:45 pm

Hey y’all,
    Everyone probably knows that next month is PH Awareness month. I am excited to be working on a project for PH news that will start next month. I want to show the many faces/stories of PH. If anyone here wants to contribute their story, please message me or let me know on this post. I am willing to do what I can to help you share YOUR story.

Thanks and I hope everyone is enjoying the new week. Cooler weather here in Texas, so I am loving it! 😀

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 12, 2019 at 10:32 am

I just wanted to check-in and see who may want to share their PH story.I know that we have such diversity in the types of PH we all have.

Let me know and I’ll send more details.

Happy Saturday Y’all!

• Brittany Foster

October 14, 2019 at 8:21 am

Jen,
      I would love to share more of my story for this. Is this going to be on the PH instagram? I have been showcased on that already for my column, but is this something different that we are working on? Let me know where to send it to and what you need me to write!

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2019 at 10:31 am

Thanks, @brittany-foster, this is a PH News Instagram project and will be shared on the PH News website, too.

I appreciate that you want to help, but I am trying to show 30 faces of PH. I am trying not to use the columnists, but you could be on standby in case someone backs out. If you or @colleensteele know any PH stories that would add to my variety of PH stories, please reach out. I realize that we may know different people with PH stories who may want to share. Thanks for your interest and help.

• Brittany Foster

October 14, 2019 at 11:25 am

Jen,
        This is a really great project! I will have to reach out to a few people in instagram that I know too to see if they would be interested in sharing their story through our IG account. Great idea! The more visibility the better.

• jen-cueva

October 14, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Thanks, Brittany, the people that share their stories do not have to be on IG, but if they are I can tag them when I share their story. I appreciate your help.

• Vanessa Vaile

October 15, 2019 at 1:16 pm

A couple of questions … What’s the Instagram hashtag for PH Awareness Month? Or will there be a separate IG account for the PH Awareness Project? FWIW and in the interest of a social media economy of scale, hopefully it’s the same for Twitter and FB.

I found and just started using #phawarenessmonth commenting on a Team PHenomenal Hope (@teamphhope) Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hKysoABX7/

If you’re interested, I’ve got pics from June 5K with oxygen tank ~ just IG tagged one for awareness month, https://twitter.com/teamphhope/status/1141340627759751168

PS my IG is @vcrary ~ I post sporadically but follow and like regularly

• Brittany Foster

October 15, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Thank you for spreading awareness for this!!! That’s great that you took place in a 5k. I would love to see thw pictures.

• jen-cueva

October 15, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Hi Vanessa, I love your pics and that you took part in the 5k! Awesome job! Here is the link to the PH News Instagram page.

For my 30 days of PH Awareness, it will be on the PH News website and the PH News Instagram page. Usually, I use the hashtag #phawarenessmonth or something along that line. I will be using a separate hashtag on my posts in for the project. If you would like to share your story, send me your email and I would love to include you.

Thanks, Colleen, I’m so excited about this project but you’re right, time is flying fast!

• Vanessa Vaile

October 16, 2019 at 2:14 pm

I’ll send you my email address but there’s always FB Messenger too. A project or event tag is always a good idea — waiting to hear what tag you create for this project. I’ll use it tweeting as well as on IG. PS ~ waiting for your column about the project to share too.

Day or Month of … (anything) is a timely reminder about something that should be everyday — and a good challenge to see how many different and non-PH related places I can share that awareness reminder.

• Brittany Foster

October 17, 2019 at 8:25 am

Thank you so much Vanessa! you are right that a tag really can start trending if you share it enough! I hope more people will catch on so that this can spread some much needed awareness. I like that you are going to use different social media platforms too including twitter, IG, and Facebook. Those are definitely the most popular ones.

• jen-cueva

October 17, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Thanks so much, @vanessavaile. I did receive your message and sent you an email earlier. You are correct, those tags can be important. I did explain more in the email.

Thanks for all that you do to help spread awareness for PH.

• Colleen

October 15, 2019 at 1:46 pm

I’m excited about this project Jen and so glad you took it on. I just can’t believe how quickly PH Awareness month and the holiday’s are approaching! Time goes so darn fast!

• jen-cueva

October 22, 2019 at 10:07 am

Thanks, @colleensteele. I know, the month is almost over. The time is flying by. The new year will be here before we know it.

I am excited to see this project come together. I am just waiting to get the stories and consents back, but I feel like it is going great! So many are willing to share their journeys.

• Brittany Foster

October 22, 2019 at 10:42 am

That’s so great that you are doing this project and probably getting a lot of good responses from people! I can’t wait to see it all come together soon, it will be here before we know it. This year really felt like it FLEW by!

• jen-cueva

October 23, 2019 at 8:50 am

Thanks, Brittany. I am so excited to see it unfold. I also cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. It truly has! Yes, I will start posting the 30 Days next week! I hope that you and everyone else will offer their honest feedback on this. This is a learning project, still for me, Hehe