• A big step in my relationship

Posted by Brittany Foster on January 2, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Hey everyone ! I am so happy to be back on the forums and talking with all of you again. We were away for the holiday vacation and it will take me a few days to catch up I’m sure ! But I wanted to announce something really special to me. Over the holiday break I got engaged to my boyfriend. We have been together for over 7 years and it was something that I have always looked forward to! I really am looking forward to planning a wedding. As “a lot” as it may seem, it is good to have something so positive happening in my life amidst all the craziness of health things. How many of you are married here? How long have you been married for and at what age did you get married? I am thinking the wedding will be end of September 2021 so I have some time to plan! I will be 30 when I get married and my boyfriend (fiance) will be 35

Libby replied 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Colleen

January 2, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Congratulations! I am so, so happy for you! I hope you will find the anticipation wonderfully distracting whenever you have bumps in the road. What a wonderful way to start the new year.

• Brittany Foster

January 2, 2020 at 7:56 pm

@colleensteele I was so so so shocked !! We have talked about marriage and everything but I did not think it was going to happen the way it did and the fact that he did it on Christmas made it even more surprising because I thought he would NEVER do it on a holiday and even said that to him and he said in the past ” I would never do it on a holiday because that is cliche” hahahaha!! Made it even more unbelievable. It was such a happy moment !

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    January 3, 2020 at 3:39 pm

Congrats!!!! That’s wonderful! I am so happy for you Brittany. Planning a wedding is so much fun. I loved planning mine and decorating. I made a lot of things myself to save money. And I had the best food and party afterwards. People still talk about it and this was in 2008! Lol It definitely is nice to help take your mind off of health issues. And I am glad your feeling better! Stay strong! Congrattssss!

• ronald cole

March 5, 2020 at 3:57 pm

Dear Brittany,
    I just saw your engagement announcement, I am so happy for you.
    I was so pleased to see something so positive for a change.
    I have been single for 30 years after my 9-year Marriage here I had lost my wife and 2 baby daughters due to a Wife problem that arose from me being away at war for so long. I just never dared to do it again. I read about your happiness and it brings joy to my heart. I know that with my disease which is progressing rapidly that living alone is difficult, then I feel that I being alone is a good thing in that I do not have a loving partner fighting the battle with me, there is something to be said by not spreading my pain and Misery. I know for you after 7 years with a courageous and loving Man that yours will be a godsend for both of you. Best Wishes, Ron Cole

• Libby

November 10, 2020 at 5:09 pm

Congratulations Brittany! That is SO very exciting! I’ll have been married 6 years in January. I’m 26 yeare old and we met when I was 17 (he was 18) and got married at age 20. Marriage is such hard work but well worth it. It is not the same as dating, despite what people may say. The commitment of marriage raises the bar but still so worth it.

How did he propose?