Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Proteins are essential for our cells. Those of us with PH, often find it difficult to chew or eat the required nutrients for our bodies. This short article I found that may be helpful.

I usually graze throughout the day, like a toddler. But I also have chronic kidney disease, which limits some of my macronutrients.

I’m also not a fan of eggs or a ton of meat. But, I do like chicken and seafood. I have to be craving beef when I eat it.

I’ve added protein powders to smoothies, eat other protein-rich foods like broccoli, spinach, or other greens, chickpeas, beans, quinoa, and many others. But, I still fail to reach my protein goals as suggested by my kidney doctor.

Are you or your loved ones meeting your protein requirements each day? If yes, what are your favorite sources? If not, is it by choice or something else?

Tracey
      Participant

@jen good question. I’ve been trying to find a nutritionist to help me with this but no luck. I’m hopeful that I can get another referral when I see my new doctor next week.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Hi @traceyaustralianmigration-co-za, I am unsure how this is covered for you there. But, if they cover it, a nutritionist or dietician would be great. They can base your protein needs and other macronutrients based specifically for you.

Do you have any favorite protein sources?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account