• Brittany Needs Our Support

Posted by jen-cueva on June 7, 2021 at 8:48 am

I wanted to let y’all know that our very own Brittany Foister will undergo major surgery today. We want to love her and support her by sending positive vibes and prayers her way. This is a big one and will take a while for her to recover afterward.

You know that she has had so many surgeries that it is easy to lose count for those of you who know her. Her body is truly amazing as she pushes through so many times. She is an inspiration to me and so many of you, too, I know.

Britt, we love you and miss you here in the forums. We want to cover you with our love and prayers today. Prayers for the doctors, surgeons, and all on your team. Prayers for your family, too.

One of us will try and update as we know more.

jen-cueva replied 9 months ago 13 Members · 33 Replies
  • 33 Replies
  • susi-steppins

June 7, 2021 at 10:28 am

I only know Brittany from reading her posts here but I am sending her good healing vibes and positive thoughts today.
    Let us know when how you are doing when you can.
    I will be thinking about you.

• nancy-mcsweeney

November 10, 2022 at 12:03 pm

Bittany is in my prayers.

• jen-cueva

June 7, 2021 at 11:36 am

Thank you, @s-steppins; you are so kind and thoughtful.

We just heard that Brittany made it through surgery. She still needs the thoughts and prayers as she recovers. She is always shown us what a Warrior looks like through each of her surgeries. Poor girl needs a break. I pray this surgery is what she needs and will help her with many issues.

• carol-volckmann

June 7, 2021 at 5:04 pm

Brittany, just heard you came through your surgery. I am sending you warm gentle hugs, prayers for you, your team and your family. Wishing you the most positive outcomes and that your strength will help you recover soon so you can be home with loving support. Rhode Island may be small but we are tough! You are in my thoughts. ❤

• Colleen

June 7, 2021 at 7:14 pm

My whole family, even my mom, has been thinking of and praying for you today @brittany-foster! We were happy to hear the surgery went well and now we are hoping you experience a smooth recovery. Love ya!

• jen-cueva

June 8, 2021 at 1:14 pm

I spoke with Brittany this morning for about 2 minutes. Our poor girl was having pain and nausea so bad up early, of course.

I do have contact with her mom, so I do not disturb Britt if she is resting. The last update was that the pain team was on top of her pain. That was a huge relief, I know. Although she has a long way to go, she is one strong young woman. Everyone who meets her falls in love with her contagious love of life and goofy vibes.

Please keep prayers and thoughts going for her, the medical team, and her family. As a mom, I know this is difficult for her mom to watch each time. As she says, ” this was a big surgery.” I know Britt and the fam appreciate each of your kind words and prayers.

You got this, Britt!! #TeamBRITT

• sally-hoffman

June 8, 2021 at 3:32 pm

Brittany, thoughts and prayers to you. Sending strength and courage. You are always an inspiration to so many of us.

• jen-cueva

June 9, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Hi @mainegal, so good to see you post here. It has been a while. I hope that you are doing OK.

I know that Britt is feeling all of the love. This morning in a text she told me that she is doing this with her “Army” behind her. Her mom said that they got her up in a chair and I knew that would be tough and draining. THe main issues are pain and vomiting that I am hoping and praying that they can relieve some today.

She needs all of the love and support here. She knows how many are behind her and walking beside her through this difficult recovery. Thank you all for all of the love.

• v-r-peterson

June 9, 2021 at 5:53 pm

@brittany-foster, you’re in my thoughts and prayers as you recover.

• normarg

June 10, 2021 at 4:06 pm

Don’t know you except from this forum, but sending all the good karma you can handle ( and air hugs) from Petawawa.

• nancy-mcsweeney

June 10, 2021 at 7:35 pm

You are an inspiration to all of us. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

• jen-cueva

June 14, 2021 at 8:16 am

Happy Monday to y’all.

I have some positive news to share with you all. Brittany went home yesterday evening from the hospital. As she told me, she needs to focus on rest and recovery. She has a long way to go, but she will get there with so much love and support.

I reminded her over the weekend that many are sending love, hugs, and support from here within the PH forums. She is so appreciative.

Plus, as you know her well, she is one tough cookie and an inspiration to myself and so many others. She is a mighty little PHighter. We love you, Britt, and many love you.

• jen-cueva

June 14, 2021 at 8:16 am

Happy Monday to y’all.

I have some positive news to share with you all. Brittany went home yesterday evening from the hospital. As she told me, she needs to focus on rest and recovery. She has a long way to go, but she will get there with so much love and support.

I reminded her over the weekend that many are sending love, hugs, and support from here within the PH forums. She is so appreciative.

Plus, as you know her well, she is one tough cookie and an inspiration to myself and so many others. She is a mighty little PHighter. We love you, Britt, and many love you.

• susi-steppins

June 29, 2021 at 5:44 pm

@jenc any word on how Brittany is doing?

I was thinking about her.

• jen-cueva

June 30, 2021 at 8:12 am

Hi @s-steppins, thanks for asking. Brittany is recovering well. Yesterday, she updated that her oxygen sats increased to 96 for the 80s. That in itself is a huge milestone as she recovers.

She has started back at work some. As most of you know, she is one tough cookie. I am so grateful and happy for her as I watch her recovery.

I am certain that she feels the love and support from you and our other forum members. But, of course, with such a complicated heart surgery, she needs to heal mentally and emotionally, too. So often, I think those are the most difficult parts of healing and recovery.

• douglas-knuth

July 1, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Hello Brittany. Am sending you my prayers and concern for you today with your surgery. I certainly hope that your recovery is quick and as painless as can be. Look forward to seeing your posts again as soon as you are able to! Best to you, your family and your doctors on this day.

• jen-cueva

July 1, 2021 at 4:20 pm

Hi @douglas-knuth, Brittany is doing well with her recovery. I know that she will appreciate your prayers and concerns as she continues with her recovery. This one tough heart surgery, but she is one tough cookie.

Thanks for your support.

• douglas-knuth

July 1, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Thank you for updating me about Brittany, much appreciated. Happy to hear that she is recovering well.

• randolph-reynolds

September 21, 2022 at 5:52 pm

Brittany:

I couldn’t get my response to what you sent out in today’s PHA newsletter.  This is what I wrote.

Brittany: I expect all of us who are members of this group are in awe of how you have sustained yourself through so many trials. I wonder what I can learn from your experience. Being on ‘alert’ isn’t an attractive position to be in. I hope that you PCP will give you some encouragement that you can come off ‘alert’.

• jen-cueva

November 9, 2022 at 1:03 pm

Hey, y’all, I wanted to share this incredible column written by our lovely inspiring @brittany-foster. Britt recently found herself back in the hospital, facing some highly challenging surgeries.

You can read more here for a bit of an update.

For all who know Britt, she is a fresh breath of sunlight, a bundle of strength and resilience, and a comedian. Britt, you are loved and admired by so many. You are who I think about when my body needs that extra push!

We love you and send you extra gentle hugs, love, light, and prayers, our girl. You’ve endured more than most people, and you continue showing love and shining your light on us as you recover.

• v-r-peterson

November 10, 2022 at 7:23 am

@jenc, that was a lovely article. Thank you for sharing.

@brittany-foster, please know that you remain in my prayers, that you will recover as quickly as possible.

• jen-cueva

November 11, 2022 at 2:32 pm

Thank you, @mamabear007, for your thoughts and prayers for Britt. I’m grateful you enjoyed the column.

I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.

• normarg

November 10, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Keep on keeping on! Best thoughts!!

• jen-cueva

November 11, 2022 at 2:33 pm

Hi @normarg, I know that Brittany will appreciate your thoughts and wishes. What are you looking forward to this weekend?

• jimi-mcintosh

November 11, 2022 at 1:53 pm

“You asked your savior to see you thru he answered you in your time”  he is all powerful and continues to guide your medical team in trying everything possible to heal you and allow you to continue your journey. You are an inspiration to all of us that follow you.  I am a “believer”in your faith to conquer PH. I pray for you and your family

• jen-cueva

November 11, 2022 at 2:35 pm

Hi @jimi, your prayers and thoughtful encouragement are touching. I know that Brittany will appreciate it and feels the love and prayers from you and the others here in the forums.

How are you doing this week? How’s your family? Take care and enjoy a relaxing weekend.

• jen-cueva

July 14, 2023 at 2:08 pm

For all of our @brittany-foster fans. I wanted to share a brief update.

Britt would greatly appreciate your positive thoughts, vibes, prayers, and light during this challenging time. She has made the difficult decision to resign from her position as the HR Manager for BioNews, the parent company of PH News. Your support means a lot to her, as you all know.

However, Britt has taken a break and prioritized her well-being to overcome certain health challenges. Her journey is an extraordinary inspiration, considering the tremendous obstacles she has already conquered. Britt’s resilience and inner strength serve as a beacon of motivation for many. She embodies this forum’s essence, as numerous individuals would not have found the courage to open up, learn, and evolve without her.

Let’s remind her how much we love and appreciate her. Let Britt know she is always in our thoughts, no matter what.

She will continue to write her column as time and energy permits. You can follow her journey by clicking the link below.

Words can’t express my love and admiration for Britt as she continues her journey. I’m grateful for her professionally by also as a friend.

Stay strong! We are here for you, Britt! I love you to pieces, and always a text or call away.

Recharged and Rewired- Britt’s column

• carol-volckmann

July 14, 2023 at 3:55 pm

Dearest Brittney, you have been a loving inspiration since I first went on the forum. You are the reason I stayed on the forum ( I had been on others) your posts were so filled with uncondional love and support.

You were never afraid of showing the most vulnerable, the most fearful and the most loving self. You helped me get through the early, very tough times.

Driving to the doctor’s today, my husband Dick suddenly asked about you – asked me had I heard how you were doing. When we arrived I checked my email and saw Jen’s post that you had decided to leave your position as HR director for BioNews.

You will always be an inspiration for both of us and you will always hold a special spot in our hearts.

I send you light – surrounding you with love and gratitude and as a fellow Rhode Islander I know you are strong and whatever you are faced with, you will deal with it with dignity, honesty and love. We all love you Brittany and look forward to your columns.

• randolph-reynolds

July 14, 2023 at 5:38 pm

Bittany certainly has been at conflict with what happened to her body.

Britt you stand fast in your work.  I am reminded of Joni Ereckeson Tada who became a beacon of light to so many other people.  Losing the ability to be mobile from a very early age is similar to the battles you have gone through.  Yes keeping you within our prayers is not a small help.  God bless you.

Randy

• debbie-moore

July 20, 2023 at 10:35 am

Brittany, whenever my husband and I start something new we call it writing a new chapter in our book.  Leaving your job to take care of your health will be a new chapter for you and perhaps it will be a great chapter.  To be able to focus on your health is good.  You have gone through so much.  I will be praying for your peace of mind, your improved health and time to grow closer to God.  I don’t know if you are a believer or not, but anytime we have to focus on our health, it’s a good time to focus on God at the same time.  He can make a difference.  God bless you.

• sherryl-leverett

July 20, 2023 at 2:15 pm

Big prayers sent to Brittany and her family.  She’s been an amazing inspiration for us all.  She’s an amazing person.  🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️‍🩹

Page 1 of 2