Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

There is a beautiful young woman whose PH was going to deprive her of attending prom, so her mother decided to bring the prom to her. For her 16th birthday Eliana’s mom with the help of a community, gave her the full prom experience. She even had a date, a young man who also has PH.

This event was more than a birthday present and more than a prom, it was an opportunity for a community to pull together and do something wonderful. Although not the focus, it turned out to also be a touching way to share PH awareness and advocacy.

My family had a similar experience when fundraising through the Children’s Organ Transplant Association (COTA) for my son’t transplant. It became more than just raising money for a good cause, but also an opportunity to build community and spread PH Awareness.

Have you had a similar experience in which a personal event and/or fundraiser evolved into a heartwarming example of community as well as PH awareness? Please share that moment with us.

Here is a link to the news report about Eliana’s prom. It’s very touching. Enjoy!

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/16-year-old-girl-surprised-with-her-own-prom-/5501773/

Jen Cueva

Thanks for sharing that here, Colleen. It is amazing what some communities will do. I love to hear about these stories.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account