Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Calming anxiety with distractions before surgery

• Calming anxiety with distractions before surgery

Posted by Brittany Foster on January 27, 2020 at 11:58 am

As I am waiting in the waiting room for my surgery and to be called into the back room to start getting an IV line in and proper prep, I can’t help but notice all the distractions I am relying on. Being able to come onto the forums and interact with everyone here really helps my anxiety a lot. It is a positive distraction sometimes to be able to work from home (or the hospital).

Something that also helps me in moments like this is listening to music that is motivating and encouraging. I know that we have talked about music as therapy before, but just wondering what everyone likes to listen to before a surgical procedure.

Do you like to listen to music, listen to a TV show and watch that, or are you a podcast person? Do you read to distract your mind or would you rather distract yourself by watching something or listening to something?

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ronald cole

January 27, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Again I bring my prayers to your bedsside my dear Brittany, my friend, my God protect and look over You.

Ronald Cole

• Brittany Foster

January 29, 2020 at 9:59 am

@texas2018 Thank you so much Ron. This means a lot to me. The surgery had some complications so I am going to update everyone soon! Thank you again for all your support and well wishes. They mean a lot to me, especially now !