Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Last week, we celebrated sixteen years of my PH diagnosis. Because PH affects the family as a whole, I decided to interview my hubby and caregiver, Manny. I was so happy that he had so much to say. I am sharing here in the hope that it will offer something for everyone. Patients, caregivers, and family members check it out.

Please give it a read, and let’s talk about it. Our caregivers are the unsung heroes.

Susi Steppins
      Participant

That was a great read Jen.
      Thank you for posting this.
      I will ask my husband to read it as well.
      Your husband sounds wonderful.
      Mine is wonderful as well.
      We are lucky.

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Thank you, @s-steppins. I am happy that you found this helpful. It certainly helps to have a supportive partner through all of this. I agree; we are fortunate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let me know what your hubby thinks.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc congratulations to both you and Manny on 16 years kicking PH butt! Manny did a great job answering your questions. I have no doubt this column will pull at heartstrings and help others going through what the two of you have. So many great quotes in this column!

Jen Cueva
        Keymaster

Thanks, @colleensteele. I am so happy that this is helpful for many. I was unsure how caregivers would react. I am fortunate that he was willing to share that much.

@cdvol3gmail-com
        , thanks as always for your support and kind words. I read these comments to Manny, and he was speechless. I am happy that Dick resonated and now knows that he is NOT alone.

Thanks, @kristine; it truly does affect the family as a whole. Last year my daughter did a piece, and I can share that here for you.

Carol Volckmann
      Participant

What a inspiring column Jen. As Collen so aptly put … congratulations to you and Manny for kicking PH butt for 16 years! I know you two will continue to kick butt.

Manny, thank you for being so open and honest with your feelings – it touched both Dick and myself. You helped Dick realize that he is not alone in this fight as my caregiver, best friend and the love of my life. Thank you.

KRISTINE
      Participant

Jen,
      What a touching way to show and represent all the sides that can be affected within a family unit from this disease. I found it to be very poignant. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account