• susi-steppins

February 23, 2021 at 2:40 pm

That was a great read Jen.
    Thank you for posting this.
    I will ask my husband to read it as well.
    Your husband sounds wonderful.
    Mine is wonderful as well.
    We are lucky.

• jen-cueva

February 24, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Thank you, @s-steppins. I am happy that you found this helpful. It certainly helps to have a supportive partner through all of this. I agree; we are fortunate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let me know what your hubby thinks.

• Colleen

February 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm

@jenc congratulations to both you and Manny on 16 years kicking PH butt! Manny did a great job answering your questions. I have no doubt this column will pull at heartstrings and help others going through what the two of you have. So many great quotes in this column!

• jen-cueva

February 24, 2021 at 12:59 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele. I am so happy that this is helpful for many. I was unsure how caregivers would react. I am fortunate that he was willing to share that much.

@cdvol3gmail-com, thanks as always for your support and kind words. I read these comments to Manny, and he was speechless. I am happy that Dick resonated and now knows that he is NOT alone.

Thanks, @kristine; it truly does affect the family as a whole. Last year my daughter did a piece, and I can share that here for you.

• carol-volckmann

February 23, 2021 at 7:40 pm

What a inspiring column Jen. As Collen so aptly put … congratulations to you and Manny for kicking PH butt for 16 years! I know you two will continue to kick butt.

Manny, thank you for being so open and honest with your feelings – it touched both Dick and myself. You helped Dick realize that he is not alone in this fight as my caregiver, best friend and the love of my life. Thank you.

• kristine

February 24, 2021 at 9:36 am

Jen,
    What a touching way to show and represent all the sides that can be affected within a family unit from this disease. I found it to be very poignant. Thanks for sharing.