Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

I am so excited to share my column with y’all this week. I just celebrated my one year writing for PH News Today. A few months back, I also started as a co-moderator here with such lovely ladies, @colleensteele, and @brittany-foster. I was active in the forums for a while before I started as a moderator.

I am grateful that I am here sharing and supporting each of you. Thank you, you continue to amaze me with your compassion and support. I learn something new daily from y’all.

Give it a read, and let’s talk about it. What ways can I improve on supporting y’all in the future?

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc you were practically a moderator before you became a moderator. I remember how much you helped keep the forums going when I took over for Kathleen. You are serving us all well. Thank you.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Thank you, @colleensteele, for your kindness and support. I am happy to help. Plus, I have you and Brittany to work with. We are fortunate to have such a supportive group of members. Our members make this forum exciting, wouldn’t you agree?

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

Definitely, our members are the best! I appreciate how willing they are to share their experiences and support one another. It feels good to witness the forum grow and strengthen.

Dawn
      Participant

@jenc, congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! I personally find something useful, comforting, thought provoking in each of your columns. As I’ve told you before, even when I was just reading on the forums before joining I found you to be an inspiration. Feeling like a relative ‘newby’ to ph, with just over 2 years since diagnosis, your 15 years living with ph gave/gives me much hope for my own future. Thank you!

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Thank you, @dawnt, I am grateful to be of help! Your support is much appreciated. This is why I write. I also enjoy being a part of the forums as I continue to learn from each of you.

How are you doing this week?

Dawn
      Participant

Hi @jenc. I’m doing pretty good this week, but it’s been one of those weeks that the changes I see in my physical capabilities/endurance for activity are really bothering me. I think my mistake has been expecting to feel like I did before ph with the medication and I’m realizing that is probably not realistic. So trying to appreciate all that I can still do, no matter how slowly, and let go of the rest.

Jen Cueva
      Keymaster

Hi @dawnt, this new normal takes a while to adjust. I still try to do things that I did before PH. I find that keeping my mindset that I can help. It is not easy and a struggle most days, but if I do not keep this mindset, I am overwhelmed, frustrated, and exhausted.

Some tasks, I find that breaking them up into smaller, more manageable tasks helps. Have you found any tips that work best for you?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account