Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diagnosis Information and ​General​ ​Questions Celebrating my one year anniversary writing at “Worth the PHight”

• Celebrating my one year anniversary writing at “Worth the PHight”

Posted by jen-cueva on June 23, 2020 at 9:02 am

I am so excited to share my column with y’all this week. I just celebrated my one year writing for PH News Today. A few months back, I also started as a co-moderator here with such lovely ladies, @colleensteele, and @brittany-foster. I was active in the forums for a while before I started as a moderator.

I am grateful that I am here sharing and supporting each of you. Thank you, you continue to amaze me with your compassion and support. I learn something new daily from y’all.

Give it a read, and let’s talk about it. What ways can I improve on supporting y’all in the future?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Colleen

June 23, 2020 at 12:45 pm

@jenc you were practically a moderator before you became a moderator. I remember how much you helped keep the forums going when I took over for Kathleen. You are serving us all well. Thank you.

• jen-cueva

June 24, 2020 at 12:28 pm

Thank you, @colleensteele, for your kindness and support. I am happy to help. Plus, I have you and Brittany to work with. We are fortunate to have such a supportive group of members. Our members make this forum exciting, wouldn’t you agree?

• Colleen

June 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Definitely, our members are the best! I appreciate how willing they are to share their experiences and support one another. It feels good to witness the forum grow and strengthen.

• dawnt

June 25, 2020 at 7:42 pm

@jenc, congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! I personally find something useful, comforting, thought provoking in each of your columns. As I’ve told you before, even when I was just reading on the forums before joining I found you to be an inspiration. Feeling like a relative ‘newby’ to ph, with just over 2 years since diagnosis, your 15 years living with ph gave/gives me much hope for my own future. Thank you!

• jen-cueva

June 26, 2020 at 4:25 pm

Thank you, @dawnt, I am grateful to be of help! Your support is much appreciated. This is why I write. I also enjoy being a part of the forums as I continue to learn from each of you.

How are you doing this week?

• dawnt

June 26, 2020 at 8:03 pm

Hi @jenc. I’m doing pretty good this week, but it’s been one of those weeks that the changes I see in my physical capabilities/endurance for activity are really bothering me. I think my mistake has been expecting to feel like I did before ph with the medication and I’m realizing that is probably not realistic. So trying to appreciate all that I can still do, no matter how slowly, and let go of the rest.

• jen-cueva

June 28, 2020 at 1:39 pm

Hi @dawnt, this new normal takes a while to adjust. I still try to do things that I did before PH. I find that keeping my mindset that I can help. It is not easy and a struggle most days, but if I do not keep this mindset, I am overwhelmed, frustrated, and exhausted.

Some tasks, I find that breaking them up into smaller, more manageable tasks helps. Have you found any tips that work best for you?