• jen-cueva

April 24, 2023 at 1:19 pm

We appreciate the profound love and support you’ve extended to Colleen and her family during this challenging period. Rest assured, she recognizes the kindness you’ve all shown her and her family.

When she is ready, she will be back, and I know she will cherish every word of encouragement. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Your generosity and selflessness genuinely help to make our forums better.

• Debbie Moore

April 25, 2023 at 7:32 am

@colleensteele I have experienced two deaths this year, my brother and father-in-law. Loss is sadness. BUT remember there is joy in the Lord. No more pain, no more tears.  The ones who have passed are with the Lord, as I’m sure Brian is.  I’m praying for the Lord to wrap you in His arms and give you comfort every day while you grieve.  Thank you for all the support you have given me and everyone on this forum.  Let us know how we can support you.

• jen-cueva

April 25, 2023 at 1:30 pm

Wow, @debbie, I apologize for not realizing you have had two close losses this year! My heart aches knowing how much you miss your brother and father-in-law.

Despite your loses, your heartfelt words and blessings for Colleen and her family are admired. Yes, God please wrap your warms around Colleen, Cullen, and Aidan as they grieve the loss of Brian.

I hope you are resting better now, Debbie. Please do update us as you rest. Hugs and prayers are with you too, my PHriend.

• jen-cueva

April 27, 2023 at 2:42 pm

I spoke with Colleen yesterday, and as expected, she began apologizing for her absence from the forums. You know how she is!

She has been reading the messages and is profoundly grateful for the outpouring of love and support everyone has shown her and her family.

She and the boys have plenty to handle and sort out, but overall, they are faring well, united as a team.

Colleen will return to the forums soon, but I reminded her to take the necessary time for herself. We’ll be here with open arms when she’s ready.

We love you bunches, Colleen. You, Cullen, and Aidan continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers.

• V.R. Peterson

April 27, 2023 at 4:34 pm

@jenc, please assure Colleen that we all want her to take the time she needs to grieve and to take care of herself and the boys. We’ll still be here when she’s back, but I think I speak for all of us that we don’t want her feeling guilty about taking care of her own needs first and foremost.

@ColleenSteele, we love you and pray for you!

• Carol Volckmann

April 27, 2023 at 6:21 pm

Colleen, please take care of yourself with the boys. You have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You and the boys need time and right now there is so much on your plate while dealing with the loss of Brian.

Our hearts and our prayers go out to you, you are surrounded by love and understanding. Sending you gentle warm hugs filled with love ❤️.

• jen-cueva

April 28, 2023 at 12:37 pm

Thanks so much, @mamabear007 and @cdvol3gmail-com, for echoing my message to Colleen. I said, no apologies at all from her are allowed.

She and the boys remain close, leaning on each other for support. Our thoughts and prayers are with them, allowing ample time to grieve.

When you’re ready, we’ll be here with open arms. Take this time to prioritize yourself and your family’s needs.

• Md. Abul Kalam Azad

April 29, 2023 at 11:35 pm

Dear Collen
    I am very sorry to hear the news of your son. I understand the mental that you bears presently, because I am also a caregiver of my 20 years old son. I feel your stress because I am feeling 24 hours in 7 days. My son having few medicine and his blood pressure fall suddenly it becomes 70/40 and he feel very week and can not walk. He can not take sufficient food that previously. He also facing gasslrological problem. I hope your son will recovery earlier and will be your home and make you happy.
    regards Azad From Bangladesh.

• jen-cueva

May 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm

Hi @azad, sorry for any confusion, but this is not about Colleen’s son, Cullen. This was an older post, and I shared that her husband, Brian was in the hospital about a month ago. Unfortunately, things progressed, and Colleen said goodbye to her husband and loving father for her boys.

Cullen, her son, is doing well and grieving the loss of his father at this time.

I’m sorry to hear that your son continues to have GI issues and does not eat much. The low B/P also is concerning. What does his medical team say there? Is this constant now or off and on, and he also has some better days? I can only imagine the stress and worry you have to watch your son endure such challenging times.

I am sending you your family love and prayers that you take care of him daily. We’re always here for your support.

• Dawn

April 30, 2023 at 3:31 pm

@colleensteele, I’m so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband. My thoughts are with you and your sons. Give yourself the gift of grieving in your own way and own time. I know you’ll do that with your sons, just remember you deserve that also.

• Debbie Moore

May 3, 2023 at 8:12 am

@coleensteele Still praying for you and the boys. Take your time right now and rest in Him.

• jen-cueva

May 5, 2023 at 12:57 pm

We continue to keep you and the boys in our thoughts and prayers, @colleensteele. While we all miss you, please care for yourself and your boys, taking as much time as y’all need.

I can only imagine this weekend will be challenging, as tomorrow is your and Brian’s anniversary. I believe I have this date, right?

Isn’t it also your 4th anniversary with us at Biones, the parent company for PH News? You are always so graciously giving us all your tremendous love and support. We are grateful that we have you and are here with open arms when you are ready. I love you bunches, my FWW and friend. <3

• Carol Volckmann

May 6, 2023 at 1:03 pm

Colleen all these tough days with the boys please know you are in our prayers 🙏,and in our hearts 💕. We love you and care about you and will always be there for you. ❤️

• jen-cueva

May 11, 2023 at 1:14 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, @colleensteele, Cullen, and Aidan today. No words can truly convey our love and support for your family. This will be one of the most challenging days you’ll face; nonetheless, we hope and pray that you can find solace in sharing cherished memories of your husband and father, Brian. May you be surrounded and comforted by others through his memorial service.

Please feel free to reach out if you need anything. We’re here to support you with open arms, providing added prayers and love. May the precious memories you’ve made with Brian bring you some solace.

• Carol Volckmann

May 11, 2023 at 5:07 pm

There are no words to describe what you, Colleen, Cullen and Adian are feeling today. Dick and I just pray that the memories of Brian that are being shared today fill your hearts with comfort and love ❤️.

• Perry Abet Mamigonian

May 11, 2023 at 2:41 pm

Susie and I send our love to Colleen and Cullen. God bless you both.

• Dorothy

May 11, 2023 at 10:49 pm
    1. Colleen, I am grateful to now be able to write to you. What must it feel like to loose a husband. I cant pretend to know. But I will be thinking of you and asking God to give you the strength you need, long term, so that the sun keeps shining in your heart.
      May all those close to you be sensitive to your feelings. You have a definite ray of light shining through Jen. She will do a good job of keeping us all in line until you return.
      Doti B
  • jen-cueva

May 12, 2023 at 1:05 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your continued thoughts and prayers for Colleen, Cullen, and Aidan. Today is the Mass for Brian, so the difficult days continue.

We keep them all close to our hearts and pray for you three. Please take the time to take care of yourselves, and we will be here with open arms when you’re ready.

What a beautiful love story you shared last night, Colleen! Such lovely memories of Brian! Aidan and Cullen did a beautiful job, too! Of course, you all had me in tears!

I agree with Keenan’s father; y’all are the family of “Steele”!!

I recall you sharing how often Aidan would call his Dad about work, and he shared that! Much love to you three!!

• V.R. Peterson

May 12, 2023 at 3:09 pm

@colleensteele, you’re still in my thoughts and prayers, especially during today during the Mass for Brian.

Please take care of yourself and your boys. We’ll all be here to give you lots of (hopefully) comforting hugs.

• ky

May 16, 2023 at 12:53 pm

Dearest @Colleensteele,

I am soo so sorry to learn of your loss, I admit I have been wrapped all up in my own life and celebration of our new grandchildren and missed this news.

My heart and thoughts are with you and your children, I hope you all find comfort in each other and memories you all share with your beloved husband!! I cannot imagine the pain! Please let me know if you need anything! Loss is so so hard! I hope you find some peace in moments and allow yourself time to grieve.

Sending love and very sincere sympathy

• Vicky Olsen

May 17, 2023 at 11:18 am

Colleen, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. All the grief and loss you are working through may feel never-ending.
    Take care.

• Colleen

August 18, 2023 at 10:08 am

A while ago I responded to all of you on another post about my husband passing but I would like to acknowledge all the messages here too! I just re-read them and now almost 4 months since Brian dies your heartfelt words still mean so much to me! Thank you for the emotional support and prayers when I have needed them the most!

To clear up any confusion, the beginning of the topic, “Colleen Needs Our Support” is from 3 years ago when my son, Cullen was in the hospital. Thank God, he has not been admitted since then. He is doing well (knock wood) and celebrated 9 years post-transplant on Aug. 7th.

Sadly, the posts from April 2023 to today are about my husband Brian. He is the one who passed away. We miss him terribly but we are staying strong and doing our best to move forward as he would have wanted us to.

Again, thank you all for your love and support!

• jen-cueva

August 22, 2023 at 11:26 am

Hi @colleensteele, my apologies for the confusion this caused. I should not have updated about Brian here and started a new topic. That would have lessened the chance of confusion among our members.

You have enough to take care of at this time. I hate you had to come and clarify this confusion. That was my fault. My apologies to you and all I confused with this topic.

We have missed you, our fantastic moderator and friend. But take your time and come on when you are ready. You must have a neverending to-do list, and I wish I could do more to help you with it. Please take time out to rest and care for yourself!

• Colleen

August 22, 2023 at 3:04 pm

@jenc please, no need to apologize! I clarified a little but I mainly wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. They mean the world to me!

Page 3 of 3