Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Don’t miss the opportunity to share your unique PH journey

• Don’t miss the opportunity to share your unique PH journey

Posted by jen-cueva on October 10, 2023 at 3:17 pm

This year, I am leading our PH Awareness event in November. This year, we are doing it a little differently. We created this project to highlight, champion, and raise the different voices within our community.

PH Community Spotlight will feature ten stories of members of the PH community. Our goal is to have a collection of different approaches to different facets of life with PH that could (hopefully) connect and empower our readers. Contributions are all voluntary, but keep in mind that we’re looking for long-format stories (350-500 words)to be editorialized by our professional team.

If you want to participate, I would love to help you share your unique story as we spread awareness in November. Please reach out to me here or via email at [email protected].

jen-cueva replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 11, 2023 at 5:51 am

I wanted to let some of our newer members know they, too, can participate in sharing their diagnosis stories. Many others will be following your journey, and it will help them realize they are not alone. I’ll tag some newer members with others I thought of for this year’s project. If I didn’t tag you, please email me if you are interested, and I’ll be happy to send you the details.

Can I count on you, @ky, @Debbie Moore , @Aunt Lizzie , @Maryellen Ramstack , @marc , @Cindy Moser , @rebecca a Whittaker , @Catherine Reid , @DeLois Tweedy , @Kevin Smith , @Raya ,and @Terese Tuohey . Let me know if you would like more details. I would love to share some of our incredible forum members’ journeys. 💜

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2023 at 1:20 pm

Hi @Fay, this is the campaign I was talking about. If you want to share your journey as you transitioned from social worker to patient. I think it would be a wonderful story for others to read and learn more about PH.

LMK and I can send you the details. 💜

• jen-cueva

October 16, 2023 at 1:51 pm

Hi @Annie, I’m leading a PH Awareness campaign next month. Your story would be excellent, and I can email you the details if you are interested. I would love to share your experience and journey with PH and RA.

Either message me your best email address or email me @jen[email protected]. You can read the details, and I’m happy to help you share your story to spread awareness. 💜

@Carol Volckmann, do you think Dick would be interested in sharing a caregiver story, as he is your loving and supportive hubby? I am looking for a hubby or male caregiver to partcipate. 😍

• Raya

October 11, 2023 at 10:13 am

Yes I’m interested.

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2023 at 1:14 pm

Hi @Raya, I’ll shoot you an email now. I am excited that you want me to help you share your PH journey as you care for your dad. I already enjoy hearing about your father and know he will inspire others.

Thanks so much for your interest. 😍

• DeLois Tweedy

October 12, 2023 at 8:05 pm

Jen, I too am interested

• jen-cueva

October 13, 2023 at 1:16 pm

Hi @DeLois Tweedy, I am thrilled you want to help us by sharing some of your PH journey. I will send you an email with the details. Please don’t hesitate to LMK if you have any questions. I’m here to help you.

Thanks so much for your interest. 🤗💜

• jen-cueva

October 17, 2023 at 3:21 pm

Hi @Cindy Moser; here is the post about this campaign to help spread PH awareness. Would you be interested in sharing your PH journey to help others? If so, please send me your email or email me at [email protected], and I will happily send the details over to you.

I loved how you shared in another post how much better your life has been since your PH diagnosis. It’s a unique twist; others may relate, and what a reminder to not take life for granted!

• Colleen Steele

October 17, 2023 at 9:58 pm

Perhaps those of you who participated in the past could share a little about how telling your story benefited you and those who read it. Encourage your forum family that people do want to hear their story too!

• jen-cueva

October 18, 2023 at 12:28 pm

Yes, what an excellent suggestion, @Colleen! Thanks for making this point. Would anyone like to share who has participated in the past? Did you already participate @V.R. Peterson? I know you do so much for the PH community that many aren’t aware of. We are fortunate to have you. 🤗

Thanks, @Colleen, for your help with this campaign, too. You know how very inspiring and close to our hearts these campaigns are. 💜